TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

And Then There Was One...

^ What does this have to do with Caterpillar rides going away!??!?

And honestly, your 8 year old daughter randomly found this pic? Why weren't you monitoring what she was searching for if feel what she sees on the internet is not appropriate?

Sorry, I'm not buying your story.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash, teenage employees of a mechanical playground will goof off aplenty and with camera phones some of the hijinks will be documented for our amusement. Did way more than my share during my years of amusement park servitude that's for sure. Perhaps you should loosen up a tad.

Perhaps we will be lucky enough to see Mr. Knoebel pick up another rare classic ride for his fine park.

Canobie Lake Park is VERY professional. It has been rated NE's friendliest park many times and they go a great a job with their employees. If you don't like harmless humor, then go away.

Now back on topic

The caterpillar is planned to open this friday after it's big renovation so, it looks like a strong life for the canobie caterpillar!

That photo of Mulan at Great Yarmouth (didn't ride it back in 2006, darnit),

looks a lot like the one I saw at Mirabilandia Park in Italy.

When TPR did the UK-Europe tour in 2010.

Very plush with a lot of red in the seats and around the entire ride, I remember.

And of course, I forget what it was called. And the all-Italian map didn't help me, lol.

Idlewild has stated that they plan to bring back the caterpillar in the near future, possibly after this year, or in the seasons following.

I hope so since it is the only one that is complete. It had both the cover as well as the fan.

• 3 weeks later...
I find Canobie Lake park to be very inappropriate.. I have found many photos of the staff goofing off and posting pictures that the public should not see. Here is a photo I found and I was not happy when my 8 year old daughter found it... not impressed Canobie, not impressed.....

Hmm...this person has ONE post and it is a negative attempt to make Idlewild look bad.

I don't buy it either.

Canobie Lake Park's employees are the friendliest and most personable employees I have encountered at an amusement park. Not only are they very efficient at loading and operating the attractions, but they are always making jokes and pumping riders up. What happens behind the scenes is their choice and as long as they act appropriately when they are on duty in public, there is nothing wrong with a little harmless fun on break.

I've always wanted to go on a caterpillar ride.

I wonder if any company will attempt to remake something similar to Caterpillars. (And I don't mean Himalaya rides). I hope Canobie's runs for years unend...

I hope someone rebuilds an attraction similar to the Caterpillar. The closest I've seen is a kiddie ride where a long caterpillar goes around in a circle without a covering. I saw the attraction at York's Wild Kingdom a few years ago. After noticing they had a ride called the Caterpillar on their site, I was hopeful it would be the classic attraction so I was disappointed when I discovered what it actually was.