TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Future Scream Machines - Travel Channel May 19th

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised you guys enjoyed these shows so much. The ones I've seen seem to be targeted towards GP, and talk about stuff I already know.

These shows are not "made for enthusiasts", they are made more for your average park general public. The audience for a show like this, and even theme parks in general is NOT the person that scours the internet looking for nerdy details about theme parks and roller coasters. We make up a VERY VERY small percentage of people that go to the parks.

So keep that in mind before you complain about the shows. I thought this was one of the better ones and DID touch upon things that some of the other shows don't mention.

We should be happy that there are shows being made again on this subject matter. You do remember years going by with a void of any theme park or coaster shows, don't you?

The bit about the the maglev-coaster research was quite interesting (there was stuff there I'd never seen before). Even Cornell was doing cool work with edible stuff made via 3D printing.

Edited by cfc

I'm surprised you guys enjoyed these shows so much. The ones I've seen seem to be targeted towards GP, and talk about stuff I already know.

That's because you are obviously better than all of us, and we are all mindless, drooling cows. Of course I am speaking of myself.

These shows are not "made for enthusiasts", they are made more for your average park general public. The audience for a show like this, and even theme parks in general is NOT the person that scours the internet looking for nerdy details about theme parks and roller coasters. We make up a VERY VERY small percentage of people that go to the parks.

So keep that in mind before you complain about the shows. I thought this was one of the better ones and DID touch upon things that some of the other shows don't mention.

We should be happy that there are shows being made again on this subject matter. You do remember years going by with a void of any theme park or coaster shows, don't you?

Sorry for the mini quote tunnel, agree with your post entirely, but I read his post differently..I think he was just impressed that this show was more interesting to enthusiasts than most are. I certainly found it more interesting than most of them, even though I'd seen most of the info thanks to your updates

I really loved seeing Fred and Alan ride Outlaw Run

I really enjoyed the show and liked seeing Robb and Elissa in prime time. Any show that is theme park/ride oriented with actual enthusiasts like R&E that cover the globe and provide awesome details and reports about the latest coasters and scream machines is always a great thing!

More please!

Ya... Guess you're right

Also, I was talking about shows I'VE seen. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was generalizing so much. Sorry if anybody took my comment the wrong way

I thought it was a fun show, but more importantly: levitating coasters!

They said that you had to keep the superconductor really cold and that would probably throw it out as a realistic ride concept...on earth.

But on the darkside of the moon the temp is -173 C, which means....we finally know what roller coasters on the moon will be like!

Finally got a chance to watch this tonight, and enjoyed it. Obviously I knew about most of the stuff the show talked about, but there was some cool stuff I had never seen before, like the 3D printed food. Thought the show was put together well, and wouldn't mind seeing a yearly installment featuring the latest stuff from the trade show.

dt

^ That would be pretty awesome having a yearly update type show... maybe it could go on Discovery (they've had some interesting ride shows int he past)

On another note, I've heard people talking about the Master Blaster slide in Kansas that was featured on the show, and would love to see the rendering that somone had said they'd managed to get a hold of. If somebody hasn't already psted it, it would be greatly appreciated if they did, or maybe smoebody could point me in the right direction as to where to find the rendering or where i can watch the episode.

Thanks,

ultradude306