TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Opening day of Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This ride looks like a lot of fun! I really love all the great details/themeing and that pre-show looked good as well. I love that it's a thrilling family attraction, more parks need great little rides like this. Looking forward to riding it sometime, possibly on Scandi?

Thanks for all the lovely photos you've taken Hanno. The ride looks fantastic and you've done a wonderful job at presenting it.

That's a really cool video and the photos are top notch as always, Hanno. While watching the clip in the pre-show part, waiting to launch, I had this idea that Kings Island could take the old Crypt building and use it for something similar (even though I know they've turned it into a Haunt attraction). The ATV trains look sweet.

I think Juvelen translates to Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RIde.....

Looks awesome, I'm glad parks are finally figuring out that a "family" coaster doesn't have to be a boring coasters. This thing looks great!

This does look like an extremely fun ride and you gotta give it up for the awesome theming; those trains to kick ass. I can only imagine how much better it will be when all the landscaping has really grown in.

And some of the shots are really among your best work, Hanno!

It's a fun ride and I can't wait to see how it all looks in about a year from now.

More green so the driving like mad through a jungle to go after the jewel will look even better..

it's a fun ride and after the second launch it's just crazy fun/quick.

I don't remember much floater airtime (too busy enjoying the twisty bits and trying to see all the details around the ride) but I would not be surprised if it will produce some bits of floater pretty soon.

It just got faster and faster during the day

Should be a lot of fun during a hot summer day.

Glad to hear you're all enjoying the report/pictures/video

^I don't think it has anything to do with Manta West, nor did the Djurs people even think about Manta West. Looks like an updated version of the Intamin motocoaster similar to Jet Rescue at Sea World Australia!

^ Or even a "family" version of Furius Baco or Blue Fire. There have been a lot of "coasters with dark ride sections" prior to Manta West. Like Elissa said, I don't even think the Djurs people probably even knew about Manta prior to this ride being built. If anything, they probably took a trip to Legoland Denmark and said "Hey, that Dragon coaster is pretty cool...how can we do something a bit more thrilling?"

--Robb "The Californias always think the world revolves around them!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

The CEO of Djurs is quite the coaster fan, and has ridden a lot of coasters.

The ride was inspired by Jet Rescue (the ride itself), Furius Baco (the pre show) Goliath Walibi (the last turn) and the colors from Cheetah Hunt.

Edited by _koppen

Ok, so now that this is finished, which 48in. Intamin Launched coaster is better?

Cheetah Hunt at BGT

Or

Juvelen At Djurs Sommerland

My vote goes to Cheetah Hunt.

Have you ridden both of them? How can anyone say which is better without riding both?

Ok, so now that this is finished, which 48in. Intamin Launched coaster is better?

Cheetah Hunt at BGT

Or

Juvelen At Djurs Sommerland

My vote goes to Cheetah Hunt.

Have you ridden both of them? How can anyone say which is better without riding both?

No, I just want to see what people think who have been on both.

Edited by PalmTree55

Cheetah Hunt vs Juvelen..

hmm

It has been a while since I've been on Cheetah hunt (just had to check the pov to see if my memories were correct) but..

I prefer Juvelen to be honest (and yes I've been on both)

it has a preshow and the most important bit.. Lapbars. lapbars, lapbars

Sure Cheetah Hunt has an inversion and more launches, but it also has more dull moments where as Juvelen just keeps on going.

Juvelen feels and looks like a family ride on steroids where as Cheetah hunt feels like a tamed down extreme ride.. I prefer to go ride something and be pleasantly surprised opposed to be let down.

This seems to be working pretty good in a lot of parts of the world. just look at mega-lite coasters being a hit all over the globe.. except in the US where they are not being installed.. I guess what i'm trying to say is: Bigger is not always better

Anyway I'm really looking forward to when all the trees have grown in and the area will look even more awesome.

I don't remember seeing as many smiles on peoples faces on cheetah hunt compared to Juvelen.

(and Juvelen is a 47.2 inch ride and not a 48 inch ride (120 cm vs 122cm))