TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Intamin looper train?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far, we've seen them on Skyrush and Hopi Hari's yet-built 10-inversion coaster. There's also a variation of them on Lex Luthor Drop of Doom.

Lap bar enthusiasts...rejoice?

They are also on the Fly Rider in China, and the new LSM ride in Vialand probably also have them.

What I'm really interested in, is if parks with the accelerator trains can upgrade easily to these.

I can only imagine how Furius Baco and Speed Monster would ride with these.

• 9 months later...

How about some new photos of this awesome new train from Intamin?

And as I wrote about a year ago in this thread, imagine if these restraints could be converted to all the Intamin's using the OTSR introduced on Storm Runner!

Source

^All their new rides seem to be getting it. I hope this is the end of OTSR for them

I would hate to see them on the Zacspin though, that would be horrible!

Yeah, forgot those.

^Like Volcano at KD? That'd sure to be interesting, though I think they'd have to have the seats more reclined for safety reasons.

I love the looks of these restraints, and the fact that more coaster companies are looking towards lap bars for their inverting coasters! I wonder how much it could improve a coaster like Thorpe Park's Colossus, considering the many reports of roughness from it.

I love the looks of these restraints, and the fact that more coaster companies are looking towards lap bars for their inverting coasters! I wonder how much it could improve a coaster like Thorpe Park's Colossus, considering the many reports of roughness from it.

Roughness has nothing to do with a ride's restraint system.

As cool as it would be to see these on Maverick, I'm not entirely sure Cedar Fair would be too sold on this idea yet. But who knows? I'm personally rather happy with the vest restraints I305 currently has.

I could see Hersheypark springing on these for Storm Runner and/or Fahrenheit, though.