TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unnecessary Queuing Lines

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poltergeist at SFFT has much more que than they need.

I hope you are joking. That ride has a pretty short line path. Goliath, IRat, bugs bunny, Gully Washer(that one is real bad) have way worse lines. Heck, the line is set up so you can get back in much faster just after riding.

Goliath at SFGAm has a really big queue line. But hopefully since the lines were about 30 minutes today, I might have to believe the employee who told me they're getting rid of that excess queue for 2015.

It also blocks the train station entrance/exit which just adds salt to the wound when in line (I could have been lazy and just rode the train there.)

I rode GateKeeper yesterday and there is just one overflow area that is necessary, and that is right next to the transfer. But the other overflows for GateKeeper are a joke.

I went to CP on the first Saturday of Halloweekends this year. The entire overflow was full. There were thousands of people waiting in line.

I'm going to second the queue for Phantom's Revenge. That thing is insanely long and is never used. I've never seen it get anywhere near even halfway on the bridge in the few times I've been there.

The Phantom's queue has been changed a lot since the days of the old Steel Phantom. The old queue entrance was located farther down from where it is now. Its old location is now occupied by several vending machines and a mister. The area they have/are using as overflow is an area that was used for Coney Island-esque sideshows back in 1998 to celebrate the 100th year of the park. During 1999 and 2000, it was just a paved area with a few benches that you could enter and exit through the current Phantom entrance. Just a few fun facts about it for everyone who enjoys them.

Dueling Dragons (what it will always be called by me): I thought I would never make it to the station the first time

Revenge Of The Mummy: I used the full queue once...single rider other times

Kraken: My favorite coaster needs a shortcut. I've been there when the park was VERY busy and I've never seen the line reach that first set of switchbacks at the entrance (even with a 90 min wait).

Hurler @ Carowinds used to have a really long one until they built the now gokarts (removed now for Fury 325)

Kingda Ka used to have a monstrously long q-line its opening year when it ran through the infield of the coaster. Have any of you guys waited through what used to be the entire thing? I've heard it could take 5 hours.

Was it only there in 05? My first ride on Ka was spring 07 I believe and I don't remember an infield queue. Interesting, never knew they utilized that space for queuing. I really like how TTD utilizes the infield for its queue.

Kingda Ka used to have a monstrously long q-line its opening year when it ran through the infield of the coaster. Have any of you guys waited through what used to be the entire thing? I've heard it could take 5 hours.

I did once, within the first 2 weeks it was open. One of the nicer SF queues I've been in but it was extremely long. If I recall it had 2 huge sets of switchbacks under canopy, plus the switchbacks they still use for the ride.

Ironically, I didn't have to wait through it as I camped at the entrance the first 3 hours the park was open while the ride was still closed.

Was it only there in 05? My first ride on Ka was spring 07 I believe and I don't remember an infield queue. Interesting, never knew they utilized that space for queuing. I really like how TTD utilizes the infield for its queue.

Yeah, it was only there for a short time in 2005 until the ride closed down for that entire summer because of a malfunction on the launch track. After that, NJ did not want anyone near the launch track so the original q-line that had to cross under the launch track was forbidden to be used. The current q-line was the overflow section of the old line.

^Is it just me or, if the path under the launch track has enough protection (TTD's is basically a concrete tunnel) it's safer to be there than next to the track?

I think closing the queue had more to do with the state not wanting patrons near the launch track than simply only crossing under it.

I rode GateKeeper yesterday and there is just one overflow area that is necessary, and that is right next to the transfer. But the other overflows for GateKeeper are a joke.

Visiting Cedar Point on a cold, windy Sunday during HalloWeekends is going to make most of their queues look like a joke. Use some context in your analysis as the real fact is that GateKeeper frequently uses more than half the queue on typical summer days, and it overflows on most good weather Saturdays. It's fun for enthusiasts to pick on GateKeeper, but the fact is that it's a very popular ride.