TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Six Flags Park Is The Best?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure. Six Flags Over Georgia is a really nice park. I wish the layout was a little bit better (like a circle maybe), but the park itself is really nice. It's got a great selection of coasters and rides and is really pretty.

I'm also a fan of Six Flags Great America. When I think of an amusement park, this is the kind of park that pops into my head. This is just a nice park with awesome rides. I've lost a little bit of love for this park recently though. The last few times I've been, the park has been very crowded. I was also very disappointed when they removed the Shockwave. I've loved that coaster and it was such a part of the park's image to me. SUF is a great ride, but I still miss Shockwave.

This is how I would rank the ones I have been to:

SFOT: Good layout, Good Coasters, none that I would say flat out suck. Even the boomerang is good. Nice collection of flats and the park itself is flat. Always a plus. I only wish we had more time to spend here and that we weren't so tired when we were there.

SFFT: Would be above SFOT if they had 1 or 2 more coasters. What they do have is great though. The most "Themed" of any Six Flags park I have been to, reminds me of a Busch park.

SFAW: Does not deserve the flack it get's. Sure it doesn't have any 'new' coasters, but what they do have is good. They have a nice collection of flats, an intamin drop tower and good water rides.

SFMM: The worst operations of any SF park I have been to. Granted, I have been here ALOT more than the others so I'm probably more critical of it. If we were talking late 80's / early 90's this park would easily be the best, but were not talking those years, so it's not the best.

It has some 'good' coasters, nothing I would say is flat out awe inspiring. It also has some C-R-A-P-P-Y coasters.

I choose SFGAdv, but I've been going since I was 10 years old, so I'm biased.

I thought SFMM was a great park too, and SFOG is a favorite as well. SFNE is OK, and SFDL was kind of fun. The only SF park I've been to I didn't care for was SFA. They've got a couple of decent rides, but overall the park kind of sucks. Then again, every time I go is on my way home from BGW and PKD, so compared to them SFA is really a dump.

I'm looking forward to seeing SFGAm for the first time this Summer. I've heard it's one of the best, and from what I've seen it looks great.

I have only been to three Six Flags parks, they would be SFOT, SFAW, and SFFT. SFOT and SFFT were both great, but they are 2 different parks. SFAW was a good park, but not as great as the other two for several reasons.

SFFT - I didn't see too many shows because I went there during Fright Fest, and the shows I heard were great weren't open for the rest of the season. None of the coasters here "Suck", and the flats were decent, although I couldn't ride all the flats. I will be going again in a few weeks, and hopefully I will get to see the shows and the rides I missed.

9.5/10

SFOT - My home park. The coasters here are great, but there are a few that do need to be removed. Flashback (Boomerang) was a headache. All the other coasters are worth riding again and again. SFOT isn't full of flats, but Superman: Tower of Power was an awesome ride. Hopefully I will see the new Spongbob 4D film when I go on Good Friday.

9/10

SFAW - The only coasters I give credits to are...Serial Thriller, Ultra Twister, Batman: The Escape, Texas Cyclone, and Greezed Lightning. The others were just "ok" and tame. I got to ride SWAT which has to be the greatest flat I have ever ridden, worth riding again and again. The staff at the park were rude, lazy, and they once rolled my eyes at me. If the staff had been like SFOT's, I would have given it a better rating.

6.5/10 - could have been 8/10

SFA: I liked this park. It certanly wasn't 'ghetto' like most people would lead you to believe. However, aside from SRoS (and maybe Wild One) the rides were ok at best.

SFMM: This park the the best coaster selection of any SF park I've been to, but everything else leaves a lot to be desired.

SFMW: This is probably my least favorite Nor Cal park. It isn't a bad park, but it's far from the best. I liked Medusa a lot and V2 was fun too (haven't ridden V2.5 yet). Roar was...boring and Kong is Kong. I probably would have enjoyed myself a lot more if it weren't for being sick and I was just at Sea World a couple of days earlier.

SFGrAdv: This park is very similar to SFMM. Nitro is better then Goliath and THe Chiller is better then S:TE, but aside from that I thought most the rides there sucked.

I have been to three SF parks, and this is how I found them :

New England : has the best coaster of any Six Flags Park - Ride of Steel, but not much else. A plus is that the waterpark is included in the park admission. Pleasant atmosphere.

Magic Mountain : one outstanding and unique coaster - X. Some above average ones - Goliath, Deja Vu (clone), Riddler's Revenge, and Batman (clone). Some if you're there coasters - Scream, Superman (unique but unimpressive now), and Viper. The rest are crap though Revolution and Collossus are of historical interest, or if you want to say you rode the coasters from Vacation.

Great Adventure : some outstanding coasters Nitro (not as good as the intamins though), Chiller, and Kingda Ka when it is working. Medusa, Superman and Batman (clone) are worth checking out. The rest are largely forgettable (Viper and GASM will actually erase your memory). Skull Mountain I thought was fun. Atmosphere wasn't as bad as reputed though I was there on quiet weekday, and I left before it turned into a Gangsta's Paradise.

My vote would be with Great Adventure but there is usually something of interest at most parks, and it's sweet to have a cheap season pass and get into all those extra parks for free.

I have been to 3 of the Six Flags Parks and this is how I rate them.

SFMW: One of the more family like Six Flags parks. Medusa was cool, fun and very similar to Scream! The old V2 was very fun and was awsome. Roar was Ok, Kong had too much Headbanging, Boomerang just reminded me of Knotts, Flat Rides were fun. I hope to go to SFMW this sumer to try out Zonga and the new V2. Why did Vallejo discover V2 was over 150 ft!? 8.5

SFOT: I didn't have the best experience with SFOT, Titan was being constructed, The quene for Batman and Mr. Freeze were too long and there was no Superman Power of Tower. The only ride facts I remember was that Flashback was a waste of 45min and Texas Giant and Shockwave were wild and wonderful coasters. I could have had a much better time at SFOT. I need to go there soon.9

SFMM: This is my home park, I go there every Saturday, This park is great for its unique variaty of roller coasters. But I wouldn't say it is tied with Cedar Point for most number of roller coasters because one of their coasters just sits and does not operate(Like Drachen Fire at BGW before it was torn down ) and I'm actually glad it just sits there and does nothing! :shock: SFMM, I have one tip for you, Get rid of Flashback and buy a Giant Huss Frisbee! You STINK for your flat ride collection! I would still consider this my favorite Six Flags Park for having so many great roller coasters! (Including X)9 (Flashback and lack of flat rides not included to lower rating )

I've been to SFMM, SFGAm, SFWoA, SFStL, SFA, SFoG, SFGAdv - felt that of the "super" parks (SFMM, SFGAdv & SFGAm) that the best by far was SFGAm, and of the "second-tier" was SFoG (but I still quite liked the other parks, especially SFStL for some reason.)

You could argue that SFoG is in the "super" category, but for me it isn't, but its probably was a better day out than SFMM or SFGAdv.

I'll be adding SFoT, SFAW and SFFT to this list this summer, I've got high hopes for SFoT, interested in SFFT (that quarry looks cool), and I don't quite know what to expect from AW.

Dave "Local park is Alton Towers - thats pretty different to any SF" M.

D'oh - forgot I've been to SFKK too! Obviously made a big impression on me!

Edited by davidmorton

I've been to SFA, SFMM, and SFOG. Out of those, SFOG's my favorite. SFA looked like crap, the service was beyond crap, and yeah...it was just crap.

...and SFMM is really overated in my opinion. X hurts like a bitch, Riddlers Revenge was forceless, Flash Back almost killed me, Psyclone was retarded, Ninja was uber boring, but Goliath rocked my socks!

SFOG just has a really nice selection of coasters and flat rides. I really have no complaints...

SFA was the only SF park I've ever been to, well I have been to SFGAdv, but I was too young to remember it. SFA is a decent park, considering its location, plus its never really all that crowded, and clean for the most part. They do have a wide range of flat rides, plus some good coasters. In my opinion, the only realy bad thing about SFA was the water park, but now that it's getting redone, I'm likely to change that oppinion.

Of the SF parks I've been to, they are ranked this way...

Average park clientele 1-5

Average of all steel coasters 1-10

Average of all wooden coasters 1-10

Overall park layout 1-5

Overall service (rides, food) 1-10

While clientele and park layout can make things bad, a great collection of coasters or fabulous service can trump them. Coasters will always get the most points possible.

The ratings below will be in order : clientele, steel, wood, layout, service :

Six Flags America - 1, 7, 8, 2, 5 = 23

Six Flags Great Adventure - 3, 7, 1, 4, 8 = 23

Six Flags Great America - 4, 9, 8, 4, 8 = 33

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - 1, 4, 4, 1, 3 = 13

Six Flags Magic Mountain - 3, 7, 2, 3, 5 = 20

Six Flags New England - 3, 8, 3, 4, 4 = 22

Six Flags New Orleans - 3, 4, 6, 3, 3 = 19

Six Flags over Georgia - 3, 8, 8, 3, 7 = 29

So there you have it :

1st SFGAm

2nd SFoG

(t)3rd SFGrAdv & SFA

5th SFNE

6th SFMM

7th SFNO

8th SFKK

My picks are:

SFOT: The best run Six Flags park in the country. The employees are pretty friendly, the rides are run well, and the food was actually tasty! Even though the park was super busy during the Texas Spring break, I managed to have a lot of fun.

SFGAm: A close second to SFOT. The rides are well run, although the food is pretty much Six Flags slop.

SFAW gets an award for most improved park. I heard so many bad things about the park. When I visited, employees were actually saying hi and welcome to Six Flags! The pizza tasted like cardboard though.