TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

I managed to have a chat with one of the ride construction crew on Wednesday and he said that the steel work would be completed on Friday and the construction crew were off to Sweden on Saturday!

He also said that the tract was exactly the same track from Southport. He said it took them 3 weeks to dismantle it at Southportand it will have taken 3 weeks to reassemble. They have had to change some of the supports but the tract is unchanged.

So maybe it will be ready for Easter.

I have looked closely at the artists pictures and it looks like the access to the station will be from close to the original Log fume entrance but coming out through a shop where the old Log fume exit was with the giant people dryer was.

www.tpv.be/US/Attraction/ViewPic.asp?Entity=Attractie&DescField=FotoTitel&PicNr=4&ID=3673

Link from coasters-inc post on page 20.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the access routes?

Yeah, it’s finished, hi again I’ve been without net again for dunno how long so back at college to type this...

There has been a lot of work going on at the top of the pull up finalizing the chain and motor so soon to have some testing being done I would think, most of vekoma’s workforce and trucks have been sent back but I don’t think will be leaving till its tested...

Oh and the trains are on (insert pic of black seats on transfer track here) but over the radio was a message saying that something buckled on the track so hope that will soon be sorted... also the structure is still floating a bit, not completely bolted down yet and no sign of lake or train track replacement yet......

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Blackpool today and it was so packed I spent about an hour queueing for each ride and then didnt get to go on Valhalla which also broke down a couple of times or the Iron Bru Revoloution,I've never seen it so packed.I did manage to get a few pictures of infusion tho.

now i dont if any of you remember this ride before it was infusion when it was called Traumatizer but the cars that was used on Traumatizer i think have been scrapped because blackpool pleasure have some new cars for this ride. Above are the new cars for the ride

hey, thanks jj17and eddiemufc for keeping people a little more up 2 date, i still have no net at home but should be on soon...

the trains look like the ones that are on kumali at flamingo land (i think)

oh and infusion has been tested!!! i unfortunatly didnt see the test but mates that work there did and i have seen the trains move on the lift but that was all

2 weeks to go but will it open in time for the easter weekend?

no there totally different cars. All the information we get is straight from blackpool Pleasure beach. They also suplly us with other information and content. So you know our information that our site give is true because it comes straight from the horses mouth.

blackpool pleasure beach have told us that most of these rough parts have been fixed

Yeah right ....

no there totally different cars. All the information we get is straight from blackpool Pleasure beach. They also suplly us with other information and content. So you know our information that our site give is true because it comes straight from the horses mouth.

I'm sorry but what you say may be true about the new trains but what ever info that comes from BPB, I take with some doubt.

Here's an example here

Newsround: Report from a rollercoaster!

Nice to see PPB are going to give some kid some lovely Vekoma brain damaged early in there life by entering this competition for some 2nd hand SLC.

Earlyer when I flicking channels saw some ad at the start on a programme called Newsround for some press pack thing. By doing a report and testing some coaster so carried on watching quite interested, thinking it be something pretty good until it showed Blackpool and said “Infusion the only rollercoaster in the world which is completely over water”. I so had an good laugh.

I'm sorry but what you say may be true about the new trains but what ever info that comes from BPB, I take with some doubt.

Here's an example here

Yep, I would agree that you should be careful when listening to the Pleasure Beach PR people. They have a habit of stretching the truth very far without technicaly lying. You will find many of their quotes for ride heights are taken from sea level. lol.

And you should be even more careful when talking to the staff, they usualy know even less, or have it completely wrong. Chinese whispers and all that.

Looking at the Newsround page the competition doesn't close until April 10th. So it looks like the ride will not be open for Easter weekend as some were speculating.

I'm interested to see how the public reacts to the ride now that it's almost open. BPB have a pretty good track record when it comes to hyping up their new rides so I'm expecting this to be big for BPB. Even if it is just a relocated SLC to some of us it's looking more and more apparent to me that this new coaster is huge for the Pleasure Beach.

Oh and I'm almost certain that these are NOT new trains but would be happy to be proven wrong.

And you should be even more careful when talking to the staff, they usualy know even less, or have it completely wrong. Chinese whispers and all that.

Polish whispers more like. The park is full of over-seas workers. I have nothing against them... But... Urgh they're all utter gits who work there.

lol. Ive met a few Polish lads on some building sites. They are surprisingly good at the whole building things business though. They are usualy ok, but a little harsh and no-nonsense at times. Much like Glasweigans then. lol.

Ok, off topic, but a funny story nontheless.

A friend of mine was on site, and a polish lad saw a big metal thing drop off a tipper. So he walked over, picked it up, and gave it a bit of a clean. "hmmmm", he thought, "this looks a bit WWII". So he promtly marched over to the site managers office, and plonked it on his desk for him to deal with appropriately. The site manager, of course, messed himself completely and called the bomb disposal people. They took one look and decided it was too dangerous to move. They conducted a controled explosion to make the device safe, completely destroying the site office in the process. Work is now suspended there till they clean up the mess.

Well, it craked me up.