TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

I think it is a great place to put it. I thought that Mind Eraser (Six Flags America) and Thunderhawk (Geauga Lake) had good foot choppers during the double in-line twist. Now it looks like Infusion will have multiple foot choppers thoughout the ride. Especially when it comes out of the third inversion (I don't know what Vekoma calls it) and turns towards Big Dipper. Where is the tunnel going to be placed on the ride?

Dark, even if it was JUST an SLC, it would still be loved by most of the coaster community and it's definately time for Blackpool to get SOMETHING big after all this time. I'm not one to say SLCs are the best rides out there at all, but I've had fun on every one of the 9 I've been on just the same... so yeah... it is a big deal.

also im pritty sure now that it ISN'T traumatizer... its a shorter track and the station is lower, the brakes are at a steeper angle and the whole thing is tighter... i mean obviously it is tizer but not "as is"... should be interesting when they do the pull through.

and another thing that i can see is that the pull up is only the walkways apart from the big ones track, i can forsee that some people are going to be trying to grab peoples legs....

also im pritty sure now that it ISN'T traumatizer... its a shorter track and the station is lower, the brakes are at a steeper angle and the whole thing is tighter... i mean obviously it is tizer but not "as is"... should be interesting when they do the pull through.

Well I think the rest of us are pretty sure that it is!

There's even red paint peeling through on parts of the track already, and there was a Traumatizer sticker on one of the supports!

So does that mean that Firehawk isn't really X-Flight and that BORG Assimilator isn't really Stealth just because they've got different colours?

-Tom "It's not Rocket Science!" Hardwick.

^ What alterations? As far as I can see it's the same bog standard SLC that I rode in Southport. Not that i'm expecting any different.

That's a really cool photo Tom - shows how BPB can shoehorn just about anything into the park.

It's weird how it looks kinda tiny in the photos, whereas in Southport it towered over everything. I'd imagine you'd notice that even more when in the park.