TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

^Thanks for the articles. They make the coaster sound great wich is good for Blackpool, hopefully Infusion will draw more guests to the park, and the GP never complain about SLC's so it probarly will. Even I think Infusion might be a fun ride even though its an SLC! But i'm actually really more interested in the "big" project the articles talks about.

One good thing about SLCs is that they look pretty good.

Agreed, Blue Tornado @ Gardaland and some of those funky-coloured SLC's look beautiul IMO, and Infusion has some nice colours to!

I think this is looking pretty good for PBB. At least they are trying to do something with the thing other than just plonk it in the space and let that be that. Sounds very interesting. Although I fear the cascading water may just be some little fountains kicking up the standard brown pleasure beach water. I doubt they will dye it blue this time.

Unless, they plan on having a nemesis styled river of blood thing. Only brown, not red. So it will be a river of...actually, lets hope they dont.

Did I read that article right, that they are replacing Eclipse? Damn, thats a shame, I love that show. Im not sad about loosing Mystique though. DeVere is a slightly lower than average box-pusher in my opinion. I hope the new show is kick-butt awesome.

Yeah...so...watery SLC is good for Pleasure beach. Ive heard that it was one of the slightly smoother running SLCs out there.

Nice articles there.

I know that there's a lot of disdain because of the circumstances around the ride going there, but Southport wasn't making money, Blackpool is suffering badly because of cheap flights abroad to warm climates, and hopefully this will start to turn the park around.

Yeah, I think I'm coming to terms with the SLC now. At least from the concept art it looks like it should look good. Well it probably will until the effects stop working after a few months!

From a general public point of view this is huge for Blackpool.

For me, as long as this is the start of long line in investments I'll be happy. Hope it isn't another thirteen years before the next coaster goes in and hopefully that one will actually be brand new!

This is a good coaster for BPB and they should get at of attention with it.

BPB did not tell the papers "we closed Southport to get this ride", is it really worth 8m, you could have a world No1 Woodie from Gravity Group or GCI for that price, BPB has no space left.

Will BPB issue the "rides" with Hard Hats to soften the "Hang n Bang" effect.

I'll ride it once to see how smooth it is

I wonder what ride/s are next to be removed from BPB in the near future.

Space Invader 2, Iron Bru Revolution, Avalance, Roller Coaster or even the "Nash".

What are your thoughts on the next departure from the "beach"

^ I'm pretty sure if BPB wanted to build such a woodie they'd find the room. They have a lot more space for expansion than they're given credit for.

As for which classic ride will be the next to go I'd guess Steeplechase (sadly) it's not as popular as it once was to justify the huge amount of land it takes up.

BPB did not tell the papers "we closed Southport to get this ride"

Did you ever bother to read that second article? Go back and read it again.

is it really worth 8m, you could have a world No1 Woodie from Gravity Group or GCI for that price, BPB has no space left.

OMFG! How many times do we have to hear this "Park X has no space left" crap?!!?

They just made room for a freaking HUGE coaster!!!!

You're from the UK, right? And you visit BPB, right? Then we shouldn't have to tell you that....

BLACKPOOL IS THE *EXAMPLE* PEOPLE USE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS A PARK HAS NO ROOM!!!!!!

If they wanted another wood coaster, they would have built one. But the park already has *FIVE* wood coasters....more than ANY OTHER PARK IN THE WORLD!

Why would it have made business sense to build another wood coaster? It wouldn't have!

What are your thoughts on the next departure from the "beach"

If it made sense for the future of the park, they should remove whatever ride they felt was neccesary, even if it's something that we perhaps didn't agree with.

--Robb

lol, good point robb, why does everyone bring up space and money for any park and then "well they could have had a CCI for that much" Seriously, its everywhere, its the EXACT same line too, and it really gets old. 5 wood coasters isnt enough for one park? This does look pretty interesting though and should do them well.

looks Blackpool's got ready for placin' SLC up and it'll be great

spot for guys addicted to SLC i guess..... but only thing i don't

like is uh..... kinda shaky and it's gonna let me bang into the seat!

i'm just SLC lover not addicted to it person!

BPB do make use of their space well, I do not rate the park high on my list of places to visit and it is a 5 hour drive.

BPB should sell the headbanging SLC to another park and add a

compact "Rocket" coaster. I may ride the SLC once but not a great fan.

When I visit the park my time is spent on Nash,Wild Mouse, BD, ghost train, roller coaster and The dark water ride.

BPB do make use of their space well, I do not rate the park high on my list of places to visit and it is a 5 hour drive.

BPB should sell the headbanging SLC to another park and add a

compact "Rocket" coaster. I may ride the SLC once but not a great fan.

When I visit the park my time is spent on Nash,Wild Mouse, BD, ghost train, roller coaster and The dark water ride.

Youre Retarded. Seek Help

They just made room for a freaking HUGE coaster!!!!

--Robb

See this where the comunicated gap is and why people keep saying they dont have room. Well as a matter of fact they dont....UNLESS they tear something else down. If that is the case then pretty much any park ALWAYS has the room. BUT what people are saying is that if they didnt tear anything down. So simply and basically if they didnt tear anything else down then YES BPPB pretty much doesn't have anymore room. So now you know why people keep saying that.

Mike"I hope this clears this crap about room all up"Black

INFUSION

"Five BONE SHATTERING loops and rolls, a looming lake glitters below, a HEADACHE INDUCING double line twist and awesome water effects all in one BODY THRASHING suspended looping coaster."