TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Just found out that season ticket prices are going up from £90 a year to think it is £180, can't see them selling many at that price.

I dunno, I don't think £180 is a bad price. Is it good all year including winter weekends? I remember a day when I would spend 2-3 days at BPB per visit and have to pay tickets for EVERYTHING! There wasn't a POP price or a season ticket price.

I think I would spend £180 in tickets over those few days!

--Robb

Logically it may not be that much money for what you get but considering PBB is in a poorer area of the UK, I just can't see them selling that many.

Who buys season tickets, I would imagine teenagers and kids mainly, most kids parents could probably stretch to £90 but to then almost double the price I think is a step to far.

Considering PBB hasn't installed a major attraction since 2000, most of the people who visit the park will have riden everything there many times and I have no-doubt Traumatizer will do wonders for the park but is it worth an extra £80 a year..........

Just found out that season ticket prices are going up from £90 a year to think it is £180, can't see them selling many at that price.

I dunno, I don't think £180 is a bad price. Is it good all year including winter weekends? I remember a day when I would spend 2-3 days at BPB per visit and have to pay tickets for EVERYTHING! There wasn't a POP price or a season ticket price.

I think I would spend £180 in tickets over those few days!

--Robb

Like any season pass, It's good value for anyone that gets their money's worth out of it.

I considered getting one last year, but Blackpool kept offering those great value wristbands either at the park gates or online - remember we got in for only £10 back in March. But because these offers were constant throughout the year, they undercut the value of their season pass. Even for someone visiting just ten times, that's still gonna be pushing the boat out to warrant getting a pass.

But the £90 offer is very good value if you choose to buy one before the end of the month.

I think £180 looks a lot to us in the UK because of the Tussauds annual pass which at £85 gets you into a fair few parks compared to the one park the BPB one gets you into.

True the BPB pass gets you in all year. Although Thorpe Park's calender for 2007 has the park open for at least a few days every month from February 2007 til January 2008. Makes the Tussauds pass look even more appealing to me for next year.

UNDERAGE DRINK SALES LEAD TO BAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

oh yeah... the coaster.

Its not looking very good so far fo PBB at the moment, what with the coaster not fitting and all that. But, If they do manage to make it fit, then I am just hoping that they will keep the theming. But I suppost thats asking too much for blackpool...right?

^It is going to fit!

There is no way that the park would have overlooked something as integral as how much space the ride takes up. The wild "not going to fit" rumour is exactly that. I'd ignore it unless we hear otherwise from a higher source.

it is going to fit, but not just as is... meaning pick up and drop, some alterations to the supports of the big one now needs to take place... also they are not keeping the name of traumatizer (cant rember new one) and it will have a lick of some form of paint to it, weither this is a new colour or not, not sure... and that info is from JR's son...... so im pritty sure its all true...

If you consider the value for maney you get with a tussauds annual pass, the BPB one is a joke. Even if you do get good value for money, some poeple just wont be able to afford it in the first place. Like selling a brand new ferrari for £30 000, incredible value for money, but just too expensive in the first place. On a tussauds pass, paying full price 3 times takes you well over the price of the pass, renewing is only £70 (bargain!) and you get 20% off in their shops. The qualitly of rides is also significantly better IMO. But i do love blackpool for the woodies!

It has always been planned to modify some of the Big One Supports near to where the station for the SLC will be, these being only small modifications.

The ride does fit and everything has been planned.

i have worked within the BPB Ltd company at both parks, i can tell you all that there are so many rumours that fly around throughout the staff its hard to keep track! ive heard some stupid things over the past three years, so i really wouldnt believe anything any member of staff tells you, no matter how high up they are.

It has always been planned to modify some of the Big One Supports near to where the station for the SLC will be, these being only small modifications.

The ride does fit and everything has been planned.

i have worked within the BPB Ltd company at both parks, i can tell you all that there are so many rumours that fly around throughout the staff its hard to keep track! ive heard some stupid things over the past three years, so i really wouldnt believe anything any member of staff tells you, no matter how high up they are.

Thank you.

I don't wanna repeat myself, but if Blackpool Pleasure Beach made the effort to get Traumatizer moved to the park, there's no way they would have miscalculated the size or not taken into account the position of other rides. That's all I'm saying on that matter.

I just got an email from Club Pleasurebeach announcing the name and the theming of the relocated Traumatizer ..

"INFUSION – Immerse your Senses!

A brand new steel beast is growing day by day at Pleasure Beach, Blackpool.

Get ready for a totally new age experience for white knuckle thrill seekers at Britain's favourite tourist attraction with cascading walls of water and sky high, heart-stopping, fabulous fun!

Five incredible loops and rolls, a looming lake glitters below, a deliciously wicked double line twist and awesome water effects all in one cool suspended looping coaster.

INFUSION… An exhilarating infusion of the elements, soars to amazing heights and takes riders through a whirlwind water experience to amaze and astound the senses.

Suspend your disbelief on 2,200 ft of twisting steel track with a whole new edge.

Pleasure Beach Managing Director, Amanda Thompson, said: "Infusion is yet another example of major investment at Pleasure Beach. I know white knuckle fans will love this new addition to the park and so will our six million visitors a year who enjoy our unique mix of modern thrill machines and traditional rides."

Engineers have worked hard to transform the old Log Flume lake in record-breaking time to accommodate the relocated coaster that was previously at home in Southport. Alterations have been made to existing Pleasure Beach attractions to enable the looping coaster to swoop and dive on the former Log Flume site.

Club Pleasure Beach members can enjoy an exclusive tour of Infusion’s construction site on December 2nd as part of the Winter Chill event."

So along with the name change, does this mean they're dropping the Tizer sponsorship for a Tetley Tea partnership?

http://www.235club.co.uk/news/news_06_26.html

"Infusion is one of the first low-budget investments at Pleasure Beach. I know white knuckle fans will walk away from this old addition to the park with their heads in pieces, and so will our six million visitors a year who enjoy our rediculously high prices and constantly lowering mix of classic rides.

Infusion can kiss my teabags!

Thanks for the link to the image, Ed.

The rendering looks funny to me, since all of the coaster will be obscured by the Big Dipper, unless they're going to tear that down too. Or, maybe they're shifting the pedestrian walkway to the other side of the Big Dipper, but there's probably not enough room for that.

After looking at that image of Infusion, i must admit it looks pretty good! Sure, it's an SLC, but if the real thing will be anything like that image, it'll be the best themed SLC i've ever seen! It even makes me WANT to ride it! It's like it's hypnotising me, making me forget about all the pain i would go through (lol)!

Although it's a shame the Log Flume had to be demolished for a second-hand standard SLC, (IMO) i think that if BPB really invests in Infusions theming, this whole situation won't be such a total loss after all.