TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...

I was at BPB last weekend and managed to take a few quick photos of the log flume area. don't know if there of any interest.

also as a side note, while riding Nash, I spotted a load of blue colour tubular supports just behind the 1st turn around. Maybe they have been there for awhile. but they do look a similar shape and colour to Tramatizer's supports. alas no photos of this.

458202178_Picture017.jpg.c6390f55c4ecb164febd3d982f44a481.jpg

1718632881_Picture016.jpg.4e3ca61a0b1d8edadfadba354ba64d52.jpg

955231683_Picture014.jpg.9505df93308e952095497c008446a83f.jpg

DSC00110.JPG.9db6e1e947529fb9f92f431492cfc0bf.JPG

DSC00108.JPG.fc99cf0304ad2b538dcdb6e37a4db8cb.JPG

hi all, i thought i would start up this coz not seen much about it anywhere else... just a few pics of how traumatizers transportation and reconstruction is getting on...

24.JPG.3ca938816b2e7c2e56ef4b848365be9b.JPG

though not clear, couldnt get closer... in the station of former vikingar is the traumatizer triains...

21.JPG.9758b2f4f94182782efe5e5b2295f558.JPG

busy working

17.JPG.5d2fe498658fbfa58e46593ed7a31c3f.JPG

new footer holes are being cut

15.JPG.db60b1985b17181466abbf7950cd30a3.JPG

former log flume site

14.JPG.3a22cdb09025fdb73e8678ded362144b.JPG

shot of sunset from car park

12.JPG.00a54b5c17f9ed861bdb19debfe54045.JPG

5 of 10 green containers, maby track???

10.JPG.e68571df274f99dd9c831f23cbaa69e4.JPG

station floor

6.JPG.19c20e9fc5434e024e0ffa9651292d0f.JPG

4.JPG.9bde526fd314027975570dcd6149682a.JPG

a sea of blue supports

Looks like they arent even gonna bother painting it afterall. In fact it looks like they didnt even bother cleaning the sea salt off the joints. lol.

Its weird to see that area with no water after all these years. I always had the impression it was deeper. Guess it was just dirty.

I wonder if they are gonna re-fill it with water after the construction? They have to give riders on the express something to look at other than secondhand SLC. I think an SLC over water, with proper lighting, would look pretty awesome.

I REALLY hope they at least put turf down. Surely they cant leave it grey and bland.

^ They only have it muddy at the moment because there building it still

They'll will proberbly put something down , Im hoping its water to!

I went at night time to this place, I couldnt find were they kept the track, hell, I was only metres away from it!

There are plans to re-fill it with water, and have a footbridge over the water to the station which will be nearer to the big one and further from big dipper. There may be a waterfall type thing but it might be cut due to cost (around £70k).

Face it, Traumatizer will be really good for Blackpool...just not so much for the rest of us.

Any word on if they're going to move some of the flats over to BPB as well? I could see the Chaos, Pirate Ship, Flyers, and others fitting in well.

Face it, Traumatizer will be really good for Blackpool...just not so much for the rest of us.

Agreed.

People here have to remember parks aren't built for "us" they are built for the general public.

I guarantee that "crappy SLC" will be on the top of many guests favorites list and will be a HIT for the park.

Think about it.....

- How many "inverted" coasters are in England?

- How many coasters in the UK even go upside down 5 times?

- This will be a totally unique ride, not like anything else at BPB.

- Most visitors to BPB probably did NOT ride it at Southport.

This is going to be HUGE for the park and their guests.

--Robb

Any word on if they're going to move some of the flats over to BPB as well? I could see the Chaos, Pirate Ship, Flyers, and others fitting in well.

There is really no space that i can think of where another flat could be put ATM. No other areas have been cleared so far so i'd say no, but who knows? I'd like to see bling replaced, it's a pile of crap!

^^Wow, I haven't had to post this rant for like seven weeks!

Of course they have space for a flat ride or 12!

They're putting in an SLC in a park that everyone said had no more room!

They've already put stuff under and over other buildings, of course there is room. Plus that area where they are putting the SLC will have leftover room.

GRRRRRRRR.

Please do not post that any park is out of space for at least another seven weeks for my own sanity...thanks!

Sorry, i kinda put that badly :S

They could put other rides in, but it requires moving other things about/removing existing attractions etc. (Traumatizer is only going in because the log flume left), and as of last week nothing else is being altered or moved, so no new flats for next season. I went up with a small group of fanboys last week and we had a park tour with the soon-to-be operations manager and the head of engineering. The raved about the "top secret" new roller coaster for next year and were brutally honest about everything we asked, but there was no mention of another flat. Hopefully some more will arive, but not for next season...