TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

It seems to me like SO many things have changed since I was there in 2006... kind of want to remember it the way it was with the old Valhalla facade, Space Invader 2, Gold Mine the way it was and Rollercoaster NOT being Nickelodeon Streak...

Edited by niiicolaaah

I remember that waterfall right at the entrance of the show building. Unlike similar water effects at other parks, that thing does not shut off before your boat passes under it. I think the ponchos helped a wee bit, though.

^ From a very reliable friend who was on a recent behind the scenes tour, it goes better than that......The main reason they are having to rehab the front of Valhalla is that as well as using the old Big One track, they used old track from the woodies on site that had been replaced, and it has all rotten beyond easy repair, hence the total removal of the front and refurb.....

Funny story that was told during the behind the scenes tour....

Geoffrey Thompson was so keen on not spending unnecessary money (hence the above) when they converted the log flume from twin loading station to a single one, the staff ordered a brand new RSJ Beam for the building and painted it to look old so they wouldn't get in serious trouble!!! True Story!

I found this picture on here of what the rides facade used to look like when it was just being built.

Also heres another two photos

It has been said it may take until summer for it to be fully finished.

It's crazy just how much old Big One track was actually used!!!

I should have asked sooner. Since Big One is still standing, where did this extra track come from? Was it originally part of Big One that was replaced or did extra track end up on site during construction that was never used on Big One?

Maybe the Big One had the same sort of re-tracking done to some of the sections of Steel Phantom/Phantom's Revenge?

You know, having Morgan come in, etc etc...