TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IMPORTANT QUESTION! Please Read and Respond!

Would you attend a TPR "Bash" event during the week?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a TPR "Bash" event during the week?

• Yes - As long as it's a park I'm interested in, doesn't matter what the day is - I'm THERE!
    • No - I can really only do events on the weekends

For me, it comes down to timing. I can make up work on weekends, which would allow me to do middle-of-the-week bash. It's a bit tricky for me this year, though, because I'll be gone for most of June (a quick trip to Cedar Point, followed by some time with my parents before TPR's Japan Trip).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some have mentioned, I too don't always have the weekends off, so sometimes a weekday would actually be better! Of course, what really helps is doing what you're already doing in letting us know of the dates far in advance so that I can plan ahead (such as already having announced the dates for this year's WCB).

So yes, if weekdays work better for these events, I'm still in!

I voted "No," but that's generally speaking - it really depends. Working a nine-to-five job with limited days off, the weekends work better for my schedule right now. A weekday event would be difficult for me to pull off, but maybe not impossible. If there were an Outlaw Run Bash during the week, I might try to find a way to make it happen.

Yeah, I'd totally be up for events during the week. The main reason is I'm still in college and will be working (hopefully soon) part-time as a crossing guard. So, having events on weekdays would work in my favor since crossing guards for schools don't have usual 9-5 hours. We work three in the morning and afternoon usually and it depends if the school needs us that day or not.

Like everyone else - days of the week don't typically matter to me over the summer, and I'd be able to go to a Bash event as long as there was enough notice.

Please be after July 23...

Weekday events would be great, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off but I have to be at work on the weekends because I am the only manager on Saturday and Sunday and I have always wanted to do a TPR BASH event but couldn't.

For me personally though, it depends when in August you are thinking of. I am going back to China mid-August for 3 weeks (getting married and on our way to our honeymoon in Macau she said we can stop in Shenzen to ride wood coaster, YAY. Darn you Robb for posting that video and getting me excited about that great looking coaster, LOL) but anything before then I will probably be in.

If I'm interested, I'm going!!

Currently I have 9+ weeks of vacation, and well over a year of sick leave.

So, (cough, cough), if it's at I park I love, or a specific ride I'm interested in, I'll be there.

JJ

I'll take vacation and fly cross country to hit a Bash at a park with new hotness or the best of the best. The day of the week doesn't matter for me, but my 16 year old riding partner (my kid) can obviously only make a weekday during summer or school holidays.

I think the occasional weekday event would be awesome since I know lots of people that can't make weekend events due to work. This would give more people a chance to go to events. Maybe some after hours type events on weekdays could also be considered that would be an option for both those who work weekends and those with 9-5s.

^ Perfect - that's enough notice. I just wanted to be clear with my answer I couldn't attend a July event if announced in say June.

Totally understand. I think we like to give at least 2-3 months notice on our events. It's not always the case, but it's what we'd like to plan for!

2-3 months is more than generous enough time to put in for me

I voted no just due to the fact that I pack my vacation weeks and extra days off coastering already and it is usually planned out before the new year even starts.

Saying that, I have all my 2013 vacations booked already, and already have 4 of my 5 extra days booked already, leaving me just 1 more extra day to float through the year for something extra cool that pops up.

If the Bash event was somewhere close on the East coast, I could swing it but to have a Bash event at a park farther away, I would have to throw in a traveling day or two or need a good amount of notice to incorporate it into my vacation plans, which I hopefully calculated out correctly for a possible Silver Dollar City event this year.

8 more years until I retire and get to travel a lot more and whenever I want to, so i will change my vote then

Peace, Big Mike

Weekdays are better, buy then again it's a matter of timing. If it's ANY time during the summer then sign me up, but if its in the fall then no, school starts and bleh. Any day is actually better, but like someone previously stated, weekdays would work better since there's less crowds.

As of right now, as long as it is during the summer and not during the school year the day of week doesn't matter to me. After I graduate next June, that may change, but I've skipped class on occasion to spend a day at Disneyland and I'd have no problem taking a couple days off work for an event (especially if I wasn't already doing a trip that year) as long as it didn't cause complications.

Weekdays would be a bit tougher for me to schedule but with Robb's fantastic advanced notice, changes in work shifts could be made. The day after a bash event I am completely dead and can barely function at all so if a bash were to happen it would be better if it were on a Friday when I could have the weekend to recover. Not sure about everyone else but between the intense heat and insane jam-packed day of fun activities I need as much rest as possible afterwards! Looking forward to seeing what TPR has coming up