TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IMPORTANT QUESTION! Please Read and Respond!

Would you attend a TPR "Bash" event during the week?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a TPR "Bash" event during the week?

• Yes - As long as it's a park I'm interested in, doesn't matter what the day is - I'm THERE!
    • No - I can really only do events on the weekends

The question is quite simple - Would you attend a mid-week bash event?

Obviously we realize that weekends work out much better for most people, but sometimes that's not always the best option when working with parks and scheduling events out.

We have a couple of things going on this year that we might want to offer, but they would have to be mid-week events, meaning on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

So the question is (and let's just assume it's at a park that you would be interested in), would you attend a bash event during the week?

How important is it to you that a bash event falls on a weekend?

Please vote and comment to give us feedback!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given I do not work your typical 9-5 job, weekdays actually work out better for me personally. That being said if the event is something I am interested in I would make the effort to go no matter what day of the week it was.

Ditto!

I voted yes - however my one concern/suggestion is advance notice. I work M-F and have no problem taking time off to fly to an event for a park that interests me - however generally by April I already have my few weeks of vacation time already penciled in for the summer. Most club/parks events are announced by then and I try to fit my plans around that. I'm not sure what goes into planning Bash events so perhaps it wouldn't be possible so early but for any upcoming season, if we knew the events by April I know I would attend most, if not all.

Given I do not work your typical 9-5 job, weekdays actually work out better for me personally. That being said if the event is something I am interested in I would make the effort to go no matter what day of the week it was.

Ditto!

Right now this applies to me, but it will change when I have a more traditional job next year.

Say that it's a local park (Say that there was a Bay Area Bash of some sort) it is usually fairly easy to get time off..especially if it's just a 1-day event. However, preferably weekends would be better (especially if it's a multi-day event) but that doesn't mean weekdays aren't possible for me Like everyone said, advance notice is good. I can and have switched days off in the past with a theme park event. This happened when I attended CGA's Au13 announcement as it fell on a Wednesday...which I traded my typical Saturday off for...that way I'm not losing money and keeps my boss happy! I do work a 9-5 job, Monday thru Friday...and I alternate every other Saturday working.

On the flip side, I do want to save any extended weekdays off for any potential distance trips, much like I had just done with my recent SoCal trip.

I voted yes - however my one concern/suggestion is advance notice. I work M-F and have no problem taking time off to fly to an event for a park that interests me - however generally by April I already have my few weeks of vacation time already penciled in for the summer. Most club/parks events are announced by then and I try to fit my plans around that. I'm not sure what goes into planning Bash events so perhaps it wouldn't be possible so early but for any upcoming season, if we knew the events by April I know I would attend most, if not all.

This is kind of why we are asking. I'm gonna have to make a decision in the next week or so if we are doing a bash event (or maybe two) mid-week. It wouldn't be until end of July/early August, so hopefully that will give people some time to make plans.

Working every other weekend gives me days off each week,so if I want to go bad enough, I may luck out and already have a day off in the middle of the week to make it easier. If not, it's still easier for me to get time off during the week than it is to find someone willing to switch weekends with me to make a Bash held then.

^ Perfect - that's enough notice. I just wanted to be clear with my answer I couldn't attend a July event if announced in say June.

Totally understand. I think we like to give at least 2-3 months notice on our events. It's not always the case, but it's what we'd like to plan for!

Personally I would try my best to make it at any time because there are ways to work around "working" during the week, like putting in extra hours before or after to make up the ones you miss.

Realistically, this year, I'm not sure I'm attending anything amusement park related. But if I had a job and money, I would bend over backwards to attend an event.