TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MTV Developing Theme Park Drama

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/mtv-developing-theme-park-drama/

In one of the first pieces of development for MTV‘s new regime, the network has tapped young writer Ben Epstein (10 Things I Hate About You) to pen an hourlong project. The show is set at a theme park, with further details still being fleshed out. This marks the second project at MTV for Epstein, who developed a college murder mystery last year. On the feature side, Epstein, repped by CAA and Think Tank Management, is currently writing the teen thriller You Get Me for CBS Films and is attached to direct his drama script Who Are You People with Seann William Scott set to star later this year.

Not a lot of info, but something to watch out for. Maybe it'll be like "Adventureland"?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having worked several years in theme parks I've always thought that this subject was ripe for a really good comedic series or movie. I liked Adventureland but it was a lot different than I was expecting and I felt that it could of been a lot funnier. Interesting development I'll have to watch out for.

I actually think MTV's scripted series are some of the few half-decent things they've done in the past decade. Teen Wolf and Awkward are both pretty well-received by critics. Obviously their geared towards a teen audience, so I don't actually watch them regularly, but I've caught Awkward a couple times and it's pretty funny. Anyway, this might not be terrible.

Also, in response to someone's suggestion about Real World: Cedar Point.... About five or so years ago, MTV was in early stages of production of a Laguna Beach/Jersey Shore-esque reality series about the lifeguards at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. I had a friend who was a lifegaurd there and was selected as one of the cast memebrs. The idea was basically to have a show about all the drama and fighting and hooking up etc. that goes on with all the good looking college-aged lifeguards at a waterpark. Anyway, for whatever reason it got cancelled before ever being aired. I'm sure it would have been garbage just like every other MTV reality series.

Looks like MTV is taking an interest in theme parks for more than one show... http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1698440/do-work-at-theme-park.jhtml

Does your life feel like the movie Adventureland? Are you and your friends having the time of your lives working at a theme park? Or are you guys just working there to pay the bills? Are your co-workers and friends a fun cast of characters who should be on TV? MTV is looking for an eccentric group of people who appear to be between the ages of 18 and 26 and work at a theme park. If this sounds like you and your co-workers, get a camera and show us why you guys are perfect for MTV.

MTV will obviously film this show at Mt. Olympus. Those ride-ops could really entertain us, given their pleasant, talkative demeanors/personalities.

Of course, this idea has been somewhat already had albeit without park employees. That idea is called Coaster Expedition.

The last thing we need is a reality show in an amusement park if you ask me.

- A reality show about furries.

- A reality show about bronies.

- A reality show about furries and bronies.

- Another Kardashian show.

The last thing we need is a reality show in an amusement park if you ask me.

I bet you're thrilled the producers of Buckwild will be keeping that show alive in another town though!