TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Build It And They Will . . . Forget.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

You know, it's kind of funny, during the whole Dollywood announcement today all I kept thinking is "Man, I have not heard ANYONE mention Wild Eagle in a long time!" So much that I actually had to go check RCDB if it was a 2011 or 2012 installation because I had honestly forgot!

No one mentioned it at all this entire summer, and it was sort of forgotten about shortly after it opened last year that I really didn't remember if it had opened a year ago or two years ago.

For a ride that had such an INSANE amount of built-up to, it's really interesting how I don't think I heard the words "Wild Eagle" the entire summer...

Edited by robbalvey

You know, it's kind of funny, during the whole Dollywood announcement today all I kept thinking is "Man, I have not heard ANYONE mention Wild Eagle in a long time!" So much that I actually had to go check RCDB if it was a 2011 or 2012 installation because I had honestly forgot!

No one mentioned it at all this entire summer, and it was sort of forgotten about shortly after it opened last year that I really didn't remember if it had opened a year ago or two years ago.

For a ride that had such an INSANE amount of built-up to, it's really interesting how I don't think I heard the words "Wild Eagle" the entire summer...

That is an interesting observation. It may end up being the case for the other Wing coasters, as well (as their "Flavor of the Month" status wears off).

Tomb Raider at Kings Island. I remember the announcement being a big deal, and IIRC, there was a good deal of anticipointment that the hype was for a boxed Giant Top Spin . After that, downtime, loss of effects/ride program change, renaming, and removal (I think?).

Adventure Express, Legend, and Wild Eagle were all great picks!

Every time I go to SFGAm, I always forget about Dark Knight because it gets so much hate. I ride it almost every time I go, so I don't forget it exists, but every time I ride I think the same thing- "that was a lot better than I remember it being." It's really not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

EDIT- Cedar Creek Mine Ride at CP is so forgettable that I actually forgot to leave it off my post! I never remember it's there, and never ride it because I find it uncomfortable.

The Intimidators were built in 2010? Oh.

If you're insinuating that people have "forgotten" about Intimidator 305 I think you're very much mistaken. If anything, that's probably one of the still MOST talked about newer rides in recent years.

The Carowinds version on the other hand...

For SFMM, I would say Scream. It is off in a hidden corner of the park and I've never seen it with a line longer than 30 minutes all my times in the park. The first time I rode it in 2004, it had a 30 minute wait while DeJaVu, Riddler's Revenge, Batman the Ride, and Goliath, all had 1 hour + waits, Viper 45 minutes wait, and X had a 2-3 hour wait, and Scream was the newest ride in the park then being built in 2003.

For Knott's, I would say Silver Bullet. Its the first thing you see when you enter the park, yet it seems to by overshadowed by Xcelerator, Ghostrider, and the Timber Mountain Log Ride.

EDIT: I will stick with the E Ticket attractions. I am going by what I have actually ridden. I guess one could also say Green Lantern First Flight for SFMM. No one is really talking about it anymore.

Edited by 805Andrew

I really don't think people "get" what this thread is all about. Go back and read the first post. This is about MAJOR new attractions that received tons of hype and publicity that were installed, but then after a short amount of time, no one really talks about anymore.

This isn't about a 10+ year old attraction that was removed or a C-Ticket ride that no one pays attention to.

The initial two examples were Diamondback and Sky Rocket. Rides like that. Not "Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh", which hardly had any fanfare at all when it opened and most people still don't even know is back there.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL... forget. That's the name of this thread. Please, everyone, try to stick with that theme.

I agree about rip ride rocket. I totally forgot it was even built for awhile. And the other day I was looking at a map of cedar point and I saw Maverick. I totally forgot about it! That ride is awesome and it was one of the first ones I stayed up to date with while it was being built. And I just now remembered it.

Yeah, I'm locking this thread. It's a shame, because it's a good thread, but people don't "get it."

This isn't about a ride that YOU forgot about, it's about rides that NOBODY really mentions. Rip Ride Rockit and Maverick? MAVERICK!??!!? Really??? You think people have forgotten about Maverick? *FACEPALM*

Thread locked. But not because it's a bad thread. But because this thread is smarter than our readers. #sad

--Robb