TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR Video Every Day in April!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's TPR Daily Video is a Vekoma SLC with a BONUS HELIX!!!! Blue Tornado at Gardaland

EVERY REPLY YOU MAKE HERE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ENTRY TO WIN A BAG-O-CRAP!

(Yes, multiple comments DO count for more than one - but don't be stupid and post like 20 times in a row and keep your posts ON TOPIC with the videos!)

To me it looks like one of the better SLC's. But I have to admit that the bonus

helix is...a bit too much Vekoma!

And the name fits the ride very well I think...a tornado will shake and hurt you just like the coaster does, doesn't it?

This was the coaster on the 2010 TPR Tour that had an "age issue" with a couple of us on the tour, myself included. Considering that I had/have ridden on umpteen dozen+ of SLCs around the world didn't matter. It was Italy, another country with their own rules about riding coasters. And we had to abide by them, without argument. I actually got to ride it (yes!), but sadly, a couple of tourers did not.

Today's TPR Daily Video We take a look at Led Zeppelin: The Ride at Hard Rock Park! (Remember this place?)

EVERY REPLY YOU MAKE HERE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ENTRY TO WIN A BAG-O-CRAP!

(Yes, multiple comments DO count for more than one - but don't be stupid and post like 20 times in a row and keep your posts ON TOPIC with the videos!)

Edited by robbalvey

Is it just me, or does anyone else forsee this ride showing up at Kentucky Kingdom in the next year or two?

With Chang gone, Kentucky Kingdom is in need of a B&M to fill that large void left in the park. And for some reason, I think Led Zeppelin / Time Machine / Whatever it's called could fit in Chang's spot. That is if the proposed water park expansion doesn't happen. Please let this happen! I need this as a credit!

I'm happy to have ridden Zeppelin when it was Hard Rock Park. It will make a great addition to a smaller park looking for its first major looping coaster.

Hard Rock Park itself was very well done, but the concept was simply bad for massive appeal. Not to mention the management and marketing turmoil that made the whole situation worse.

Did Led Zep actually have onboard audio? You can kinda hear it in the off-ride shots, but not in the POV.

Its a shame this park didn't survive. I remember hearing advertisements for it all over the radio when it first opened. I guess they advertised in the wrong spot.

^It did, indeed, have onboard audio of the last few minutes of "Whole Lotta Love." It also had the most annoying preshow and loading procedure this side of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Even though Time Machine looks very average by B&M standards, I'm sure it would be a signature ride at many parks. Hopefully the coaster is able to find new life somewhere in the near future, as I can think of a number of parks that could use it.

Shame Hard Rock/Freestyle Music Park had to close. It looked like a good half-day park. If only it had been open one more year, then I could have visited.