TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR Video Every Day in April!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get the point of the lift before the station on Viktor Vandorm, it seems like it might be able to make it back to the station without it, or it could easily have made it if the station was lowered a bit. It just seems kinda redundant.

The free fly seems like a really cool ride that would work great at small parks that really dont need a huge capacity ride. I'd be curious to see S&S build a Major ride using the free-fly system. It'd be like a modernized Arrow suspended coaster. Something along the lines of Eagle Fortress would be really fun with this.

I like that the Tranan style coasters don't look too intimidating for younger kids, because they're not tall, but they also look like they have a good amount of thrills for their size. I would love to see more of these built, especially at parks with unique terrain that the coaster could interact with!

This seems to be one of those rides that I completely forgot existed, and whenever it might have popped up in my mind, thought it was built somewhere in the united States at a small park. Very "unique" to say the least, and something I wished had been built in other locations as well. Looks very fun, and possibly something that could still be turned into another design type.

huh.

Tranan LOOKs like it would be more exciting than it actually seems to be (at least from the POV).

reminds me of when XLR8 opened at Astroworld. . from looking at it, it looked like it was going to be *amazing*. .but just ended up being kinda pleasant (at least until they flipped 1/2 the cars to go backwards. . that *did* make it exciting).

odd coaster tho.

bet it was fun in person.

This ride is definitely unique! Am I the only one thinking that it might have been a good replacement for Perilous Plunge in the Boardwalk area at Knott's? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what they're putting there with Coast Rider, Surfside Gliders, and Pacific Scrambler, but one of these would have looked pretty awesome in that area. Of course, the capacity issues would likely have to be solved first...and sadly, even the not-so-great capacity (or so I'm told) of this model would still be an improvement over Perilous! But it does look like a pretty nice family coaster that would add a lot of kinetic energy/motion to any park!

Robb, you asked what Viktor Vandorm actually means, let me explain to you As far as I'm concerned it's a fictional animal (a Vandorm) which directly translated from danish means a water (vand) worm (orm), and Viktor is a common danish name

Robb, you asked what Viktor Vandorm actually means, let me explain to you As far as I'm concerned it's a fictional animal (a Vandorm) which directly translated from danish means a water (vand) worm (orm), and Viktor is a common danish name

Makes sense!

Yes exactly, it's Victor, the Water Worm And yes, if it came to America, it definitely would be named Batman: The Water Ride!

The latest couple of years, BonBonLand has really lacked with their theming and styling of the rides, and that's really a shame. The Water Worm, their huge Frisbee and a couple of other new rides really doesn't have any theme at all, and that was IMHO the only thing that made BonBonLand special and basically made it "something".

I miss the awesome BonBon theming, or "bizarre" theming as you americans call it !

Allright, crazy ride.

But short. Hope they built a longer version later on, somewhere (Finland perhaps)

Do you think I should ride it?

I mean, is it worth going to the park for just this ride? ( they dont have that much more to offer in rides).

If I´m passing by I´ll stop, but there are not often I go that way.

Today's TPR Daily Video is one of the best roller coasters in the world! Piraten at Djurs Sommerland!

EVERY REPLY YOU MAKE HERE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ENTRY TO WIN A BAG-O-CRAP!

(Yes, multiple comments DO count for more than one - but don't be stupid and post like 20 times in a row and keep your posts ON TOPIC with the videos!)