TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR Video Every Day in April!

I still couldn't believe when KT looked at me and said; "Mom, I want to do the Sky Coaster." I was like, really? Are you sure? You don't have to? She basically insisted on doing it and wasn't really scared or nervous at all. In fact on the way up I realized it had been about 8 years since I had done a Sky Coaster and I remembered that I didn't really like them that much as they freak me out!

Today on the way to Trapeze she saw the new Sky Coaster at Fun Spot and asked if we could go do that one!

And to answer some questions, she just turned six years old last month and she's been on between 193 and 235 coaster depending on your counting system. She's a little short for her age so she's been getting frustrated when she can't ride some stuff!

EDIT - And a big shout out to our trip participant 'TheSchwitek' who is a Sky Coaster Site Controller and not only translated instructions for the group but also made sure everything looked safe and on the up and up before I let KT on it!

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering drop rides are the only rides that genuinely scare me, I don't know if a skycoaster would be my cup of tea. I'll have to give one a try one of these days.

And way to go Kristen! You've been on more coasters before age 6 than I probably will in my lifetime

She is truly an amazing child! Robb and Elissa are giving her an unbelievably wonderful childhood, and she will one day look back on this with some fond memories. Six years old, 235 coasters PLUS a Sky Coaster? By the time she reaches adulthood, she'll have a credit count that will make even the stoutest enthusiast jealous! I remember my first coaster ride, I was between nine and ten years old, and my family went to Six Flags Great Adventure. I rode the Runaway Train that day, and I kid you not, it scared the living daylights out of me so much, that I didn't ride another coaster for about four years afterwards.

EDIT - And a big shout out to our trip participant 'TheSchwitek' who is a Sky Coaster Site Controller and not only translated instructions for the group but also made sure everything looked safe and on the up and up before I let KT on it!

Yes! Shout out and Thank You to Mikey!

Your last prepping for us was invaluable.

Really part of my entire First Time Ever

in this thing, LOL! Worth every

constriction and OMG-ness, LOL!

Hugs and squeezes to you, buddy!

914873387_ResizeofIMG_2042.JPG.188b2310cc66fdb45cf9e6bf7b52d072.JPG

Mikey Left - Karl Right - our last evening drunk together.

Great to see KidTums having fun on her first SkyCoaster! Possibly one of my favorite things about being able to be a Site Controller is seeing kids who are riding it for the first time. They're all nervous and not too sure about it. I usually encourage them and tell them almost like what Ellissa did, comparing it to a coaster in the park. Then once the ripcord is pulled, it's first screams, then all smiles the way down, usually with them asking their parents or whoever is with them to do it again once they're getting out of their flight suits!

One of the reasons why I like working on a SkyCoaster, much more face-to-face and conversation time with guests, usually you can't get when you're working on a coaster or a flat ride.

I still couldn't believe when KT looked at me and said; "Mom, I want to do the Sky Coaster." I was like, really? Are you sure? You don't have to? She basically insisted on doing it and wasn't really scared or nervous at all. In fact on the way up I realized it had been about 8 years since I had done a Sky Coaster and I remembered that I didn't really like them that much as they freak me out!

Wow!!! What a brave little kiddo!! Love to see a little kid that young get to experience the big kid stuff and totally not being afraid of it. I can barely get my twin nieces on Road Runner Express at SFFT, but they sure don't mind Pandemonium one bit. Oh well...hopefully it's only a matter of time I'm getting them on iRat!

In anycase, too cute.........and I'm a tad bit jealous as KidTums has more coaster credits than me.

Wow, KidTums certainly has become extremely brave over the past couple of years. I remember seeing a picture of her on the Kennywood Jack Rabbit from the 2011 Cedar Point trip where she looked scared out of her mind, and now she's doing sky coasters with little fear at all. I'm an engineering student and know those are perfectly safe, and I won't even go near one.

I never had much interest in the Mexico trip, but after seeing all the photos and videos I've become somewhat interested in it. Maybe in a few years when there's another one I'll think about going.

Wow KT definitely has balls. Something I definitely didn't have at her age coming from someone who was afraid of riding the kiddie rides let alone a skycoaster.

Joker is a pretty cool addition to SFM. Well-themed and it looks like it provides a pretty decent ride. Glad to see it got a new home (and original name).

And to answer some questions, she just turned six years old last month and she's been on between 193 and 235 coaster depending on your counting system.

Ok, I'm jealous now ! I think she's very lucky to have ridden that much coaster at her age . I'll have to try a skycoaster someday too, even if I'm afraid of heights !

Pfffft.

Kidtums is an amazing TROOPER.

I hope she doesn't suddenly turn anti-themepark/coasters

with the parents in those....teenage revolting years?

Here's the video from 4/6 - sorry I didn't get it posted yesterday, we were on the Florida Amusement Industry Tour.

For those of you following us on Twitter, I've been posting a lot of VINE videos lately (If you don't have Vine, go to the iTunes App Store and download it RIGHT NOW!), and this is a video I strung to together of all our Vine video clips from the Mexico Tour. It sort of gives you a "snapshot" of what we did during the trip! Enjoy!

EVERY REPLY YOU MAKE HERE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ENTRY TO WIN A BAG-O-CRAP!

(Yes, multiple comments DO count for more than one - but don't be stupid and post like 20 times in a row and keep your posts ON TOPIC with the videos!)