TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of our members have actually been on an Aqualoop now?

What did you think of it? Worth the hype or not?

I really liked the one at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. Since the weather was a little chilly and the slide was outside, I would get three or four rides each time I was over there as there was no lines. It was very thrilling and great to rude multiple times

How many of our members have actually been on an Aqualoop now?

What did you think of it? Worth the hype or not?

Like Blue Turbo, above, I've ridden the one at Wilderness in Wisconsin Dells. Prior to the Aqua Loop, I have been on several of Proslide's Sky Box slides, both straight down and their "super loop." The Aqua Loop is a far superior experience to the Super Loop, as you have the upward sensation, the fear of not knowing if you'll "make it" up the loop, and much much less water going up your nostrils and in your eyes. I think it totally meets the hype.

I got to ride the Scorpion's Tail at Noah's Ark last summer and I can honestly say it scared the absolute crap out of me like nothing else has in a very LONG time. It totally lived up to the hype as far as I'm concerned. While the trap door was the biggest thrill for me, the "loop" was pretty cool as well and I caught some air just before the splashdown. I haven't been on any other slide's with a trap door launch like that so I can't compare it to any other make/model, but I loved it!

I've only tried the Aqualoop on the Norwegian Breakaway ship last August. They're arguably some of the smallest Aqualoops you'll ever find, but still found it to be very fast from the low friction they get with the sprinklers in the tunnel.

I haven't had a fear of not making the loop each time I rode them, but I was one of the many who valleyed once on the red slide. You rush towards the top and slow-down as usual, but I didn't quite make it over the peak (thanks to wearing a rash-guard shirt) and found myself going "uh-oh!" and started sliding backwards! After sliding past the "open-roof" escape hatch once, I slid forward, simply hopped out, and waited for a lifeguard to come get me and reset the slide. It was freaky, but very interesting nonetheless!

IMG_4999.JPG.c31b96d1866cda626de9222740ddecee.JPG

Lost count for how many times I did these on the cruise, but It'd probably require three hands! :-P

• 2 weeks later...

The drop alone is absolutely worth the hype.

I liked the AquaLoops moreso than the SuperLoops, but barely. The manually-controlled drop SuperLoops (like the ones at Six Flags Great America) have scarier drops, but I don't like how they dump a large quantity of water into the trough immediately below the box. In the straight drops, it's not such a bad idea, but in the enclosed slides, I felt like drowning.

The drop alone is absolutely worth the hype.

I liked the AquaLoops moreso than the SuperLoops, but barely. The manually-controlled drop SuperLoops (like the ones at Six Flags Great America) have scarier drops, but I don't like how they dump a large quantity of water into the trough immediately below the box. In the straight drops, it's not such a bad idea, but in the enclosed slides, I felt like drowning.

Great America's (as well as Kalahari's) are no longer manually-controlled unfortunately. I agree on the copious amounts of water, however. It makes the slide less enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Have only tried the aqualoop, but found the drop to be very intense, unlike some people here... I can only imagine how crazy the sooperloop is, if the drop is in fact steeper.

WIth that being said, 2If anyone on here who likes slides hasn't tried any of the drop slides mentioned in this thread, the drop pod makes the sense of free fall so much more intense than a normal free fall slide. For sure the drop pod slides, and the multi hump slides that give airtime are my favorites, at least for body slides.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

^ Yeah that's weird, they still don't mention it on their website.

I heard that there has been an accident on this slide. Apparently, a boy was sliding down, get stuck before the loop, but then before he reaches the exit, another boy was "dispatched" through the tube. They do collide, but both only have minor injuries... Yet this is worrying that you can send someone while the exit trap is open, meaning someone is still around!

It's a good thing it's their only aqualoop model and not a whole line of them installed already, or else we'd probably be seeing this quite a bit. Still, a situation like this is quite nightmare-ish for both riders. Hopefully Polin will install sensors on it if they haven't.

• 1 year later...

Only been on the aqualoop/whitewater version, and loved every part of the ride except for the loop (ended up with a few scratches on my back going through that section. The loop also seemed to add to the wait times a fair bit, as people would get stuck quite frequently when I was there. Finally, anothers have pointed out, it seems as though a lot of the whitewater slides are "one trick ponies", and save the elements like boomerango sections and loops till the very end... Proslide always seems to have multiple tricks up their sleve.

All that being said, if my home waterpark (Bingemans) adds any drop pod slide by any manufacturer, I'll be very happy. The drop is far more thrilling than a traditional free fall slide, and I'd even go so far as to say that it outranks some of the coaster drops I've been on.