TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

It's not rude, it's honest.

I have seen you post before, I know that you prefer Proslide.

On you're first post in this thread you stated that you found Proslide to be better than Whitewater, according to you're opinion, and that's fine. But writing stuff like what you wrote in what I quoted above, then you will get a response.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You can disagree with his statement all you want, but "what a stupid comment" is probably not the best way to go about it. Please use a more respectful tone when replying.

Hey guys... It's great to hear al the cool stuff about whatever else proslide's making, but I'm pretty sure we could talk about that in another thread. This one's dedicated to the Aqualoop. I'm not trying to complain or anything, but I was kinda hoping people had their own reviews/pics. That's all.

^This is what happens when you make such a specific thread. There is really only so much you can talk about one type of slide...

And I agree with Joey... personal flames/insults will not be tolerated on this site. Please be respectful in your responses to other posters.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't hurt to make a thread where you could talk about the whole water park/slide industry as a whole, especially for things like the two polin threads that had no replies to (here and here). I'm a huge fan of these companies, and love keeping up with what they spit out next. As for the aqualoops and super loops, I've never been on one. But I am hopefully due to ride one sometime in august with the dual ones that are built atop the Norwegian Breakaway ship. My second cruise, and my first aqualoops!

As far as I know, the Aqualoops have been slowly, but surely built up their reputation in the US. But since then, they've slowed down, and parks are looking more towards super-loops (and even Splashtacular's insane takes on them with Six Flags). As far as I've counted (I may be wrong), there's only one superloop in the west coast and no aqualoops. There's (I think) eight aqualoops in the east coast, and I lost count of east coast super loops.

Sorry if it seems like I've bumped a dead thread.

Probably because it's the Canadian company, WhiteWater, that sells the most aqualoops, while Aquarena were the ones who pioneered it. I do like how Aquarena are pushing things when it comes to innovating water slides, like the Doppellooping slide they've made at a few water parks in Europe.

Source

Or one of their latest concepts!

I'm curious, have any of the other Aqualoop installations had the problems of the Australian Wet n Wild one? Those slides had to be almost completely re-built and now riders must wear 'sleds' on their backs when riding to prevent stalling.

It doesn't seem like the other installs have had these sorts of issues..

I'm curious, have any of the other Aqualoop installations had the problems of the Australian Wet n Wild one? Those slides had to be almost completely re-built and now riders must wear 'sleds' on their backs when riding to prevent stalling.

It doesn't seem like the other installs have had these sorts of issues..

I think its just because Australia is stupid and doesn't know how to make rides/slides work. I mean c'mon look at Dreamworld.

^It's sort of a backpack thing that goes over your shoulders. Apparently too many people were valleying when the ride first opened. The park went through a few rules trying to maximise the number of "successful rides" - first you weren't allowed to wear a shirt, then you had to wear one, and now they weigh you (to enforce the min/max weight limits) and give you the backpack. However with four slides on the tower at least the capacity is pretty good!

^The backpacks do look kind of silly, however they seem to do the job well enough. Doesn't really affect the ride experience either - the only time I've ever heard my sister scream on a ride was the first time she rode the Aqualoop!

I've seen mats used on body slides, but none that have straps on them! It seems like an interesting alternative for slides that might have some uneven surfaces to them as well. I'm sure the faster body slides become, the more the rushing water could hurt. This might soften the hits.

One of those mat-pack thingies would be great for me, I hate most body slides because they just hurt my back so much!

^

THIS!

That "backpack" mat, while looks silly, is probably TONS more comfortable on the back than not wearing it... I generally don't like "speed" slides for that exact reason! PAIN!

I think the mat is probably a really smart idea, provided it doesn't drastically alter the ride experience for the rider. I love body slides, and I know that many like them because of the feeling of nothing between you and the slide, but if meant a safer, more comfortable experience, I'd be totally fine with seeing this spread to other parks with body slides that might need it.

I got to ride my first aqualoop today (also the one which was world's first) and I have to say, that it is the best body slide I've ridden to date. No painful jolts at all. Saddly the slide has broken down after half an hour of operation, so I only got to ride it twice

• 10 months later...