TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

High School?

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've went to a couple of high schools. My parents have been moving all over Anne Arundel County since I was a kid, haha. My first high school was okay, I didn't really get to know it too well since I only went to it until December of my freshman year, then I moved to another high school because my parents moved from Edgewater to Crofton. I fell in love with the next high high school. High school is great for me. I was like friends with everyone, and it was just amazing. That school was amazing. I started joining a lot of activities. My parents moved to Arnold this year so the new area was something to get used to, but I love it here. The high school is really nice like my other one was too. I am now a senior this year, and am really sad and nervous to graduate. School is like a second home to me because there's people there and even if I didn't really talk to them, I grew a connection to them from seeing them every day, and I'm just going to miss them. They're like family. But I assume college will be fun too.

My classmates think coaster enthusiast is very cool and they love to hear about coasters from me. So yeah, HS is pretty good despite for being at school Kidding, I kind of like my school actually.

I know, right? I'm pretty known for it at my school. At Arundel, there was a roller coaster club. I'm trying to start one at Broadneck High, but I don't know if people would join. But people are always fascinated about my passion for amusement parks and just about everyone that has a class with me knows about it. I also do a lot with theater at my high school. I used to do the acting, and I was an actor in my schools fall play this year. But anyways, I got into doing lights for a small production my theater class was going to perform to the school. Now I like the tech crew a lot and I'm joining it for the spring musical. The high schools I went to and go to now have about 2,100+ kids. So the theater company is big and fun at all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Graduation is 102 days away and I am so excited to finally graduate high school and go off to A&M in the fall. Right now I am sitting at #16 in my class with a 99.6 weighted GPA. Senioritis is kicking in but I'm managing well.

As far as coaster fandom, it gets in the way of studying because I'll sidetrack and go watch POVs on YouTube (or get on here) but never gets in the way of the school day. I did take off two days last year for the Iron Rattler film shoot but I left after my last of three AP exams so I didn't miss anything special when I got back.

For me high school was pretty meh. I ended up being around 60ish in my class with a 98 weighted gpa. IIRC, the valedictorian had a 107ish gpa. I will say though, in my first semester and a month of college, i've had more fun than I did in 4 years of high school.

I'm curious, how much is everyone's SAT score?

2060 although I'm taking it again this Spring and think I can do better. I tend to test really well although my grades aren't great cause I'm lazy when it comes to pointless busy work. What's yours?

I'm curious, how much is everyone's SAT score?

2060 although I'm taking it again this Spring and think I can do better. I tend to test really well although my grades aren't great cause I'm lazy when it comes to pointless busy work. What's yours?

I will take my first SAT test this May. Got 740 on SAT Math level 2 in January to get used to how the system works.

I graduated from high school in 2010, and I had a lot of fun while I was there, but I don't miss it at all. Nothing of particular interest ever happened. I mean, I was in band and chorus, took AP classes, and had a good amount of friends from all of the different cliques and social circles, but I figure that's not too far outside the norm for most people on the forum. Most of my friends knew I really enjoyed coasters and theme parks and the like, but I never let myself get too far into the facts and stuff, mostly because I knew they just didn't care as much as I did.

As far as grades go, I was never the best student (graduated with a ballpark 3.4 GPA), but only because I knew that as soon as I started college, my high school GPA was basically useless. Only thing it's really good for is the actual admission process and getting scholarships beforehand, which I never had, not counting Georgia's state-funded scholarship. Having to get federal loans to go to college was sort of unfortunate, but I was never stressed out over grades in high school, and have maintained that relatively stress-free lifestyle throughout my college career. So, it's been worth it to me in the long run.

I kind of take pride in having gotten into my school without having ever taken the SAT. I took the ACT only once: didn't study for it at all, got four hours of sleep the night before, and got a 30 on it. Would have been a 31 had I not left a few blank answers on the math portion.