TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Mexico Tour Mini Updates

There really hasn't been any other groups who have made it to these parks. At least none with any kind of notable presence to be able to showcase the parks online.

That's always been one of the great things about TPR--it's not the same old parks (and same old countries) all the time. Mexico has more to offer the coaster enthusiast than I had originally thought.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have asked earlier, but at SFM how was the super-old Boomerang and the Dark Knight Coaster? I think I saw a trip report where it showed the DK Coaster as actually having decent theming outside the station (although the ride still wasn't good).

It's too bad that you weren't able to get to that fair where Thrill Tornado Zonga Tsunami runs. Great stuff though!

It's not "too bad", we "chose" where we went to. That fair is like Puyallup, where it is only open a couple of weeks out of the year. We knew we weren't going to hit that coaster on this trip. We'll do different versions of the Mexico trip in the future, that may or may not include that coaster. There are also plenty of other credits we didn't go to in Mexico also.

Please don't make it out like it was poor planning or something that didn't allow us to get to Zonga - it was by choice!

If you'll ever do a trip were one can ride Dreier Looping AND Thriller I'd put on debt to come along!

I'll be honest, when they moved Thriller from Astroworld to Discovery Kingdom, they really removed any enjoyment out of the ride. Between changing the shape of the loops and adding those awful restraints, that ride went from being one of the best Schwarzkopfs in the world to being slightly worse than Revolution.

So the decision was made to do the Mexico Trip during the time of year we did it (when we knew we had a much better chance of more coasters being open), even though we knew that Thriller wouldn't be included, because it only runs a couple of weeks out of the year. (Remember, that coaster isn't in a park, it sits in a vacant midway lot.) I don't think by not including Thriller detracted from this trip at all. I'm getting a little pissed off with some of you people who keep insinuating that our trip wasn't complete or very good because we missed this coaster. Also, Thriller is located a 6-7 hour drive from Mexico City, and a 3-4 hour drive from Selva Magica.

If you ask anyone who was on the tour, we had an AWESOME time, and sure, while it would have been nice to add one more coaster to the count that we did, I don't think anyone on the trip felt that something was really "missing."

So, please, everyone who keeps posting how it's "too bad we *missed* this ride" - please just shut up about it, ok?

Thanks.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^ Honestly, I would recommend that. I rode it when it was first moved to Texas when they hadn't changed it too much, and it was amazing! By the time it made it to California, it was not the same ride...at all! Why is it that California must kill decent Schwarzkopf coasters? Revolution, Thriller, Tidal Wave...

Please don't tell anyone at Knott's they still have a decent Schwarzkopf running there. Once they find out, they might remove it or put OTSR's on it or something...

Edited by robbalvey

I was on the Mexico TPR trip (one of many TPR trips so far) and i have to tell everyone on this thread that it was AWESOME!!! I'm always surprised to see those that NEVER go on trips always bitching about PAINT??!! I thought Superman at 6 Flags Mexico was AMAZING....who gives a F&*K about a paint job! I recommend each and everyone of you on these threads, who never leave your backyard, to get out there and go on some of these trips with TPR out of the US and see what the rest of the world has to offer....you'll be blown away in more ways than one! And as a side note, THANK YOU ROBB AND ELISSA....your trips ALWAYS BLOW ME AWAY!!!

I second that! I was also on the Mexico Trip. The Coasters were incredible, from the surprise credit on day one, to the surprise that is Six Flags Mexico and the AWESOME new Joker, with the Funhouse entrance. The Funhouse is something we will never see in the US. Robb and Elissa got each park to roll out the Red Carpet for us!

Robb and Elissa even got Selva Magica to allow us to walk into a field of coaster parts and to see the incredible Bullet prior to the park building this incredible ride.

And for the Culture, Jose Cuervo and the walk to the top of the Sun Pyramid were just amazing. A truly memorable experience.

I will definitely be back on the next TPR Mexico trip! Thanks Robb and Elissa for another Amazing Trip!

It was great to be a part of TPR's first trip south of the border. What an awesome week we had! It flew by way too fast. It makes me "muy triste" that it's all over now - but fortunately I brought home an $85 bottle of tequila to help deal with any post-trip depression.

Robb and Elissa - thanks again for everything you did to make this trip such an amazing experience. MEXICO ROCKED!!

Another country credit, KA CHING!!!

Seriously, I had really no idea what to expect etc. with just one week to tour.

But then, this is the Alveys organizing and planning, arranging schedules,

having "Plan Bs" (heh), and making sure we all had a totally awesome time...

And - WE DID WE DID WE DID! Awesome and more.

THANK YOU Robb and Elissa for another amazing tour. I think my only

"main disappointment" (kidding,really) was that it wasn't a bit longer!

Such wonderful culture, The Food, such neat parks and coasters/rides, The

Food, and meeting up with friends new and old! Uh, did I mention THE FOOD?

Bearhugs.

I guess I've been under the [false] impression that Zonga/Tsunami is at least enjoyable, which is why I made a remark about it.

That's great that the trip was still able to feel "complete" even though you missed it! It doesn't seem like there are very many developed parks down in Mexico. I just thought that Tsunami was still sort of "a big deal" in the coaster universe like it was when it was traveling or at AstroWorld.

I guess I've been under the [false] impression that Zonga/Tsunami is at least enjoyable, which is why I made a remark about it.

That's great that the trip was still able to feel "complete" even though you missed it! It doesn't seem like there are very many developed parks down in Mexico. I just thought that Tsunami was still sort of "a big deal" in the coaster universe like it was when it was traveling or at AstroWorld.

It is/was (really, more "was") and it was terribly neutered when it moved to California. Seriously, though, if we felt the ride was worthy enough of scheduling the trip during the window when it is open and making a 7-8 hour round trip drive out of the way for *JUST* that one coaster, we would have. And perhaps maybe on a future trip we *might* consider it, but it really just wasn't worth it this time around.

Going back to work tomorrow sucks! Mexico as a country really surprised me and the trip was great fun, a perfect way to spend some time in warmer weather! I loved seeing the cities and spending time with wonderful friends. A big thank you to Robb and Elissa for an awesome experience as always, I'm looking forward to Japan!

What the heck did I just see? Haha

That is one interesting attraction. Glad you reached the bone and not the poop. The perfect exit would've been an air blast out via a fart. We need some stuff like this in the states.

Seems like you guys had a blast inside Alicia. I'm now off to have some salad.

When our little group toured thru "Alicia", the guide wasn't

too sure how to handle non-locals. But he turned lights on and

off, giving single word titles to all her....uh...parts. Of course,

we figured out most of them from 'visual example,' heh heh.

But when he turned the light on "where the baby was", I almost

jumped out of my skin, being only a foot or two from 'it.'

And it was moving , too!

Like "Alien"... from the inside, LOL!

If Epcot had this attraction, the old Wonders of Life Pavilion would still be open. Or maybe they could install it in the Mexico pyramid.

Edited by cfc