TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Mexico Tour Mini Updates

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics...

image.thumb.jpg.a194072916f62de80ef1d3b214400ec1.jpg

We got a little "close" to Flamingoland's ex-Bullet, to be installed at Selva Magica in 2014

image.thumb.jpg.9ffcbbe09ff1c52b14f701e182679c58.jpg

We got ERT on all of Selva Magica's coasters! Even the one that's not built yet! :)

image.thumb.jpg.6730353a7ad0ab2a32f7fdc47b418fea.jpg

KidTums rode her first SkyCoaster at Selva Magica today! She LOVED it!!!

image.thumb.jpg.86a1c653f5776b83e1ce79c8b3d74878.jpg

Strangest "walk-through" evar!!! It's themed to the anatomy of a pregnant woman! Not Joking! You enter through the mouth and exit through the... um... lower area, and you see everything inside her... including a fetus! Yes, there will be video!

image.thumb.jpg.5871c1ee0a01711c5978eaf88b44cdb8.jpg

We are now on our way to a Tequila Factory tour where we will have an open bar for two hours! Wish us luck! ;)

Sorry to hijack the thread but to answer the question vacoaster asked:

I do remember rumors back in the day that stated that SFWoA's hyper was going to be a Morgan but the plan was cancelled at the time due to complaints from the neighbors regarding the proposed location (on top the hill where the Woods Arena was behind the Sea Lion Stadium. The ride would have crossed over Squires Road (which was access to and from the Wild Life side parking lot), which was what the NIMBY's didn't want). Considering where they were going to originally put it a ride with Superman's layout would have worked at that location.

Then Superman ended up in Mexico. Once the park and township agreed to a deal for Six Flags to add more rides to the Wild Life side the hyper rumor started up again and then it was rumored a B&M hyper was to have been built at a new location in the park, behind the Waterski Stadium.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread. Glad to hear you were not affected by the earthquake and everyone is safe.

Sorry about re-hijacking this thread. The Superman Ride in Mexico was originally going to open in 2002 but The Mexican government was getting mad that Six Flags was cutting down rare trees. The SFWoA rumored hyper coaster was cancelled due to the fact that Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake. It was going to be an Itamin hyper shapped like Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags America. They would not put a coaster near any animal attractions

I love the Titan POV.

It looks like the kind of coaster you would build in RCT1 when you don't know how to play or how to bank turns and just want a ride that lines up with the station on the way back.

Edit: Just realized you said the exact same thing on Facebook.

Edited by coasterbill

^ It wasn't as bad as I was fearing. I mean, really big CCI woodie running Gerstlauer trains is usually not a recipe for awesome. But...while it didn't really "thrill" that much, it certainly wasn't as rough as it could have been. It honestly reminded me more of Mean Streak. It was big, fast, although kind of boring...

It could certainly use *something*

^ It wasn't as bad as I was fearing. I mean, really big CCI woodie running Gerstlauer trains is usually not a recipe for awesome. But...while it didn't really "thrill" that much, it certainly wasn't as rough as it could have been. It honestly reminded me more of Mean Streak. It was big, fast, although kind of boring...

It could certainly use *something*

From what I saw in the video, Medusa looks like it has the potential to be a very good ride (I like the layout).

Edited by cfc

I have been waiting for a good Medusa POV from Six Flags Mexico

Yes, also the Superman hyper they have. I've never seen POVs from them, except one but it was obviously a "GP" using a phone and was terrible quality. I figured its like all the other morgan hypers anyway, fast and kinda ok but no AT or real thrill.

Good job Robb!

edit: Actually saw the YT vid, Superman has 2 airtime hills, before the lift!? So Mexico has a pretty sweet Morgan!?

Is that Schwarzkopf the same model as the Mindbender in Canada? Looks awesome though.

That möbius wooden coaster looks HUGE! I love how that park has pathways and rides and what looks like some kind of a theatre inside under and around the structure of the coaster. Also love the excessivley long pre lift section of track before the hill. I've always loved rides with sections like that, seems like such a small feature that really adds something special to the experience, really helps to build anticipation before the lift.

Great footage as usual, Ive loved all if these updates from these rare parks.

Is that Schwarzkopf the same model as the Mindbender in Canada? Looks awesome though.

The one in Canada is slightly bigger and longer, but it's very similar.

Great footage as usual, Ive loved all if these updates from these rare parks.

Welcome! There really hasn't been any other groups who have made it to these parks. At least none with any kind of notable presence to be able to showcase the parks online.

Edited by robbalvey

Dreier-Looping looks like being in good condition - the color of the loops is a little faded, but no problem with me. The first drop looks as cool as I remember it from years back - and the second lift, like on Olympia, doesn't feel much like a lift. I hate those when I re-build the Schwarzkopf coasters on my PC that the lifts have a fixed speed and are always so damn slow...

Thanks for the great footage - I need to speed up my Mexico-City travel plans somehow...