TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Mexico Tour Mini Updates

More photos...

image.thumb.jpg.80052f32c1b08faade48da98e065805b.jpg

Here is Superman's airtime hill BEFORE the lift! It was awesome!

image.thumb.jpg.6e1848e1c161b63bedb294bb48c54890.jpg

Probably my 2nd favorite Morgan behind Phantom.

image.thumb.jpg.8e856180d621865830a384aee481983f.jpg

Joker has a really kick-ass queue complete with traditional fun house tricks!

image.thumb.jpg.5b7ec7258ea3ba6054bb68ef8e40ee2d.jpg

KidTums LOVED The Joker! Elissa... Not so much! :)

image.thumb.jpg.275a400277c0917933c1258d2f0bec19.jpg

A little bit of love for a Vekoma SLC?

image.thumb.jpg.901df0ff9d7217cc299b6c5a6a6ccfe0.jpg

Year round haunt maze at Six Flags Mexico! Awesome!

image.thumb.jpg.d80ddfe5798a0a8de6eda39150d6f672.jpg

We had VIP treatment the entire day on almost every single attraction!

image.thumb.jpg.1437bb7f8ff437bbb93c079f89e111ce.jpg

Seriously, we got VIP treatment, everywhere! :)

image.thumb.jpg.f0a9adf38cdebcc9fbcff821400ff849.jpg

Question - Six Flags Mexico flies six different flags at the front of the parks. Do any of the US parks still do this?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photo updates! Looks like you all are having a blast!!! Was there drinking involved before the SLC? Everyone looks way to comfortable and happy about that! Wait.... that must have been a before shot!

Looking forward to following the rest of these updates!!

Question - Six Flags Mexico flies six different flags at the front of the parks. Do any of the US parks still do this?

SFSTL does and SFGAm flies different american flags around the reflection pond.

Great to see you're enjoying SFM. I've always thought it looked great but it's probably the least documented Six Flags park. Can't wait for the full update and videos!

44104908_Entrance(Copy).thumb.jpg.1d28389253222c96c6b505e993863cb2.jpg

SFSTL Flags

Six Flags over Texas and Fiesta Texas still fly the six flags that represent the six nations that had claim to Texas at any point in the history of the geographic region. The six nations (in chronological order) are: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas (same as our current state flag), Confederacy, and the United States. Also, If I remember correctly SFoT flies the six flags at the entry to the parking lot (by Judge Roy) and in the Star Mall.

^The photo looking down Medusa's first drop also reminded me of The Boss.

Superman seems a little short but looks quite unique for a Morgan. Best part - the mid-course brakes didn't appear to slow the train down to a crawl like on some Morgans.

Six Flags Mexico looks like a very nice and well taken care of park, sans the paint Superman needs. How does it compare to some of the other Six Flags?

Superman looks a lot better than Mamba, Wild Thing, and Steel Eel (the Morgans I've ridden).

Yes, it's not the standard bunch of hills, helix, bunch of smaller hills. It gives off more of a Phantom's Revenge vibe to me, too.

Looks like you all had to ride out a bit of an earthquake down there?

www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/03/26/earthquake-mexico-city/2020547/

Hope all is well..doesn't look serious. The trip looks to be great so far! Extremely jealous of all these trips you get to go on. Hopefully someday I can have the funding to do trips like this.

The earthquake was awful. Most buildings in Mexico City have been destroyed. We haven't heard from all our trip participants yet. Hopefully the fire department will pull their bodies out of the rubble. Hope this doesn't impact us getting our credits today.

Seriously, though. To everyone who keeps tweeting me about the Mexico "earthquake" - we felt nothing. No one here even seems to have noticed. We're fine!

Edited by robbalvey

The earthquake was awful. Most buildings in Mexico City have been destroyed. We haven't heard from all our trip participants yet. Hopefully the fire department will pull their bodies out of the rubble. Hope this doesn't impact us getting our credits today.

Seriously, though. To everyone who keeps tweeting me about the Mexico "earthquake" - we felt nothing. No one here even seems to have noticed. We're fine!

I presumed the news was blowing it out of proportion as usual, and even they made it seem pretty minimal. Heck, I'm sure you've been through worse, but I don't have/follow Twitter to see the live updates. If the coasters were still standing, I'd expect nothing less than you all to be riding

Im sorry let me rephrase. Yes, I know Superman has been running for years. I'm talking back before Superman was built (So lets go back 10 years) here on TPR. I remember rumors saying that this ride was originally slated for a different six flags park. I never followed the rumor back then but was curious if it was true. So just like some say Goliath at SFOG was originally destined for a different park, was the same true about Superman? That's all.... I do remember Superman's construction was initially delayed due to some construction permit stuff.

Glad to hear that you guys are alright. Hopefully it wasn't a shake-up.

Sorry to hijack the thread but to answer the question vacoaster asked:

I do remember rumors back in the day that stated that SFWoA's hyper was going to be a Morgan but the plan was cancelled at the time due to complaints from the neighbors regarding the proposed location (on top the hill where the Woods Arena was behind the Sea Lion Stadium. The ride would have crossed over Squires Road (which was access to and from the Wild Life side parking lot), which was what the NIMBY's didn't want). Considering where they were going to originally put it a ride with Superman's layout would have worked at that location.

Then Superman ended up in Mexico. Once the park and township agreed to a deal for Six Flags to add more rides to the Wild Life side the hyper rumor started up again and then it was rumored a B&M hyper was to have been built at a new location in the park, behind the Waterski Stadium.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread. Glad to hear you were not affected by the earthquake and everyone is safe.