TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Family Coaster

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but I think Firechaser Express at Dollywood is a very good family coaster. The theme and the scenery around it really makes it a very unique and enjoyable experience. If only the lift hill entry wasn't painful...

How is the lift entry painful? It is probably one of the smoothest rides I have ever been on.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see Whizzer at SFGAm continue to get some pretty good lines after roughly 37 years of operation. Pretty impressive. Maybe (hopefully) it'll even out-last the relatively new (compared to Whizzer) red/blue/yellow kiddie coaster they built just up the path from it 10 years ago.

That remains my favorite family coaster.

(although the lines are also due to turtle dispatch times.....)

other honorary mentions:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (anywhere)

Puyallup Fair Coaster

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but I think Firechaser Express at Dollywood is a very good family coaster. The theme and the scenery around it really makes it a very unique and enjoyable experience. If only the lift hill entry wasn't painful...

I haven't been on it but based off of the POV I think I can agree.

I've been on it, and I don't agree because there is no painful jolt, and it's now one of my favorite coasters.

I've been on it, and I don't agree because there is no painful jolt, and it's now one of my favorite coasters.

I meant about the ride being a good family coaster, lol. Sorry for the imprecise wording.

How is the lift entry painful? It is probably one of the smoothest rides I have ever been on.

Because for every coaster in the world there's an enthusiast ready to complain about how rough it is.

It's definitely of larger scale, but I would say Lisebergbanen. It has a 130 cm (51,2") height limit, but kids over 110 cm (43,3") can ride if accompanied by an adult. It's a fantastic ride, it's very fast, smooth and has some good forces, but it's not so intense that it cannot be enjoyed by the whole family.

Because for every coaster in the world there's an enthusiast ready to complain about how rough it is.

Chill out ladies. Just because you found it perfectly fine doesn't mean everyone does. Take my profile picture for example.

I think DIsneyland Paris' Big Thunder Mountain is one of the best I've ridden. It's thrilling for kids, fun for adults and what I love is that you can squeeze three people into a row so you can all ride together. It's such a timeless ride too and was one of my first 'big' roller coasters. Have to say though that kids and families are really spoiled nowadays and there are so many great coasters the whole family can enjoy.

Everyone has an opinion, but still, when people start complaining that some RMC 500+ foot launched Intamin wooden skyrush trains inverted Aquatrax doesn't have enough headchopper trees, it's sort of entertaining.

Doesn't have standard lap bars either so that coaster sucks

Yeah why would they put ostr's on a wing coaster train. especially on an aquatrax coaster. what the heck intamin. we deserve better than this *cries in corner*

also you forgot to mention how rough the entrance to the lift hill is. oh boy it hurts