TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question! Theme Parks or Amusement Parks?

Theme Parks or Amusement Parks?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Theme Parks or Amusement Parks?

• Theme Parks
    • Amusement Parks

I voted theme parks. I just went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and seeing how well done the the theming was done at both parks, even down to the employees all wearing uniforms themed to the ride, reminded me why I love being immersed in a theme at a park.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is just my observation from my last vacation.

Kings Dominion is an amusement park.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a theme park.

My two home parks... Kings Dominion used to be a theme park, but those days are over. Busch Gardens however is a great mix of thrills and theme.

Comparing what currently exists: amusement parks by a long shot. They have much more thrilling rides, which is a priority for me. Some theme parks have the thrills, but they aren't quite "there" as far as my preferences are concerned.

However, I do believe theme parks have the ability to be better. Put the same thrilling ride in a very immersive environment, and you could end up with something amazing. Imagine a ride like Lightning Run all themed up. Plus, theme parks tend to have better food and friendlier employees. They just need that extra thrill factor.

Amusement parks in general, because I'm mostly there for the coasters and a park with great coasters is almost always going to be better than a park without them. But, good themeing definitely makes amusement parks better, and a top notch theme park is definitely better than a o-so amusement park (as in I'd be much more likely to travel to Disneyland or Universal than to a random Six Flags with no particular coasters of note).

This was a surprisingly hard question to answer. There should have been a both choice...

Let me put it this way: There's a reason we're not called Amusement Park Review Or maybe not...but I grew up going to Disneyland frequently (for a NorCal family, anyway), and it has always been one of my favorite places to be.