TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Outlaw Run or Iron Rattler?

Outlaw Run or Iron Rattler? VOTE and tell us why!  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Outlaw Run or Iron Rattler? VOTE and tell us why!

• Outlaw Run
    • Iron Rattler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everyone is saying, they both look incredible! Personally, I am looking forward to Iron Rattler just a little bit more because of its incredible setting and its interaction with the cliff, something that is quite unique to this park.

I went with Outlaw Run! How could you not?! Its all wood, has an amazing drop, sweeping curves, airtime, banked turns, and is fast! Oh and did i mention it has 3 inversions! This thing is an a$$ hauler and it also has terrific scenery! iRat looks tremendous as well, but anything with Outlaw in it, goes to Outlaw!

I voted for Iron Rattler for a couple of reasons. Mainly, it gets my vote since I'll be able to ride it this summer (as many times as possible). Beyond that though, I love the way they integrate the cliff into that ride and I'm looking forward to the zero-G barrel roll!

Wow, now that's a tough one!! Without a doubt I think that BOTH coasters look crazy awesome, but for me the slightest of edges goes to Outlaw Run. That layout looks amazing to me, and the setting looks great too. Not that the cliff diving Iron Rattler is some slouch, mind you.....

When it was announced, Iron Rattler became my pick for best new for 2013 coaster. I have yet to see anything that convinces me to change my opinion, even the Outlaw Run videos. Unfortunately, I won't get to ride either this year, so I'll be relying on the reports of others to see if my guess was correct.

from the Outlaw Run video, it seems like it was more thrilling than Iron Rattler. Plus, Outlaw Run is ALL Rocky Mountain, so that could be good. My thinking behind that is that RMC produces really nice quality products when it comes to the topper track, and the rails are only part of a coaster, so if the whole coaster is RMC.....

This is a tough question. As much as Outlaw Run looks amazing and by the pov from Robb makes it look like a blast. I have to go with the park closer to me. Plus I love they took a classic beat you up woodie and made it awesome again. NTAG is my number 1 coaster and I have no doubt Irat and Outlaw will make my top 10 this year. Seriously, I could see RMC taking my top 3 this year. I am giving my hose to Iron Rattler. (Burning Love reference)

Hmmmmmmmm Tough one. Presently Outlaw is my #1, that being said there is allot about Rattler I'm interested in. Now that I know I love the Wallcrawler element on Outlaw. I'm anxious to see if there is any new surprises on Rattler that awaits me.

BTW I will not vote till I have ridden both. Any poll where you can vote for or against something you have never ridden is invalid as the data is ignorant. Just a big popularity contest at that point with no validity to it.

Don't make more of it than what it is. I'm assuming the poll assumes that most people voting haven't ridden either so you're just voting on what you've seen so far. I like the look and layout of Iron Rattler better so that's the way I vote. I'm riding both of them within a few days of each other in May (I hope) so I'll know if I like one over the other for realz then unless it's too close to call.

BTW I will not vote till I have ridden both. Any poll where you can vote for or against something you have never ridden is invalid as the data is ignorant. Just a big popularity contest at that point with no validity to it.

I agree 100%. And that's why this is a 'burning question' as it's meant to be more of a quick-fire fun thing than an actual poll where the data means anything!

There's no award or anything given, it's just for stupid fun.

Edited by robbalvey

Having not ridden either, I'l answer as to which I want to ride more. At the moment I definitely am leaning towards Outlaw run. iRat look amazing, but i'm just drawn to Outlaw more. If it came down to having to choose one or the other for a trip, I'd go with Outlaw.

That's the great thing about this burning question. It's vague enough that you can make it what you want it to be. For me it was better ride experience.

For which I want to visit it would have been the other since SDC is far better than any six flags park.

Iron Rattler, While they both are AMAZING coasters, I will give it to Iron Rattler, they turned a crappy, rough, and boring coaster (which we all don't like) and turned it into an awesome coaster, with the best first drop I have ever seen! I NEED TO GET TO TEXAS!

I'm going to go with iRat on this one. Outlaw Run looks amazing but the first drop on iRat along side of the canyon wall is just insane. Even though it only has 1 inversion, it's going to have plenty of airtime, overbanked turns, speed, and of course that last dive to TAKE THE TUNNEL!!! *do I hear new TPR T-shirt?!?!?*

Hmm. Hard decision as both rides look totally amazing. I suppose I'd say Outlaw Run looks better by a single hair, but they both look amazing. Get back to me in August after I've ridden both and I'll see which one is better.