TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SACRAMENTO MONARCHS: 2005 WNBA CHAMPIONS!!!!

jumbach

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is nothing being broadcasted about it on Sacramento TV.

I wonder if there will be riots in the streets of Sacto? :shock:

Maybe I should call off work…

That IS odd. It was on TV in Reno, but not in Sac????????

Try channel 40 at 10:00. Or try KHTK 1140. But really, I am not making this up.

Cheers!

But really, I am not making this up.

I don't know man. It doesn't sound real to me. I mean, come on! Women play basketball in Sacramento. Are you sure it wasn't a bum fight downtown?

Hee hee. I once saw two bums really yelling, cursing, etc. at a light rail station once. Whatever that one right in front of the mall is.

OUTRAGEOUS!! I didn't even hear about this and I live in a "basketball town." If I didn't think watching grass grow was more interesting than the WNBA well, then I might be even upset.

Portland used to have a WNBA team but I think it's gone now....maybe.

Oh well, at least there is still soccer for those peaple in Portland who like really boring sports.

OUTRAGEOUS!! I didn't even hear about this and I live in a "basketball town." If I didn't think watching grass grow was more interesting than the WNBA well, then I might be even upset.

Portland used to have a WNBA team but I think it's gone now....maybe.

Oh well, at least there is still soccer for those peaple in Portland who like really boring sports.

I thought it was an ABL team . . . but I don't think the ABL exists anymore.

Portland Fire, IIRC?

I'd have gone for Portland TriMet or Portland MAX myself, since that's the coolest thing up there. (That, and Powell's. 10th and Burnside--know it well. So does my credit card. )

]

^ Originally we had an ABL team and I don't even remember there name. When that league went under we got the Fire which was WNBA. They lasted only two seasons due to poor ticket sales. Apparently I am not the only one in Portland who doesn't like watching womens basketball but, to each there own I suppose. Infortunately, like Sacramento, Portland is a one pro sport town. Other than the Blazers we have a AAA minor league team called the Portland Beavers and that's about it.

Hee, hee. I just typed Beavers.