TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New B&M trains on Steel Dragon

I really didn't notice a difference between the 4 in a row and the staggered formations. I would say that accessing each seat on the staggered versions is easier but at the cost of the people in the two outside seats do feel slightly "alone". Also regarding complications at the air gates, if the park though long and hard enough about this then guests shouldn't have any issues at all. Oh and the fact that a glance a the train for most people should give a clue as to how people should line up to prepare to ride.

Looking forward to trying out the 2 per row variations as then i'll have ridden in all three styles.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ridden two B&M hypers: one was nitro and the other was shambhala. I liked nitro more but I can't really say that it was because of the trains, I guess it was more due to the less intense layout. What I can say is that I don't find them that better (yes, you do get more room but it doesn't really make a big dfference) and the "normal" ones can seat more people with no need for a massive station. Nitro has nine rows and it looks okay while the trains on shambhala only have eight cars and look strangely long to me. As to the speed matter, I don't know if the new ones are slower but I could swear that they appear to be so (or maybe its just because of the layouts itself). Personally, I prefer the non staggered trains but I'm okay with the new ones.

• 5 weeks later...

To me, Steel Dragon was always a relatively slow ride. It looks, but I have no actual clue, just a tad bit slower than before. Here's the old trains that TPR filmed back a bit ago.

To me, Steel Dragon was always a relatively slow ride. It looks, but I have no actual clue, just a tad bit slower than before. Here's the old trains that TPR filmed back a bit ago.

Ok. Thanks for answering my question. Out of curiosity, will the ride be more intense, now that the heartline has changed?

Since Steel Dragon is larger than about 98% of coasters, could its size make a viewer perceive it as slow?

Anyways, it looks like B&M made a great car and it would be awesome for Cedar Fair's Morgan Coasters.

Half the reason it looks slow is most likely because the coaster is just absolutely massive.

They wouldn't be able to use the exact same train design for Cedar Fair's coasters, Santa Monica West or Superman because the rails are on the inside of the track instead of the outside like on Steel Dragon 2000. They'd have to develop a new one, which they'd probably be willing to do if a park gave them the money.

• 2 months later...

So, it seems like this is the closest thing to an official Nagashima Spaland thread (maybe?). So mods, feel free to move this if this is the wrong place...

But has anyone seen this new slide at Nagashima Spaland from White Water West? It looks amazing! Did anyone on the Japan trip ride this?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never been on SD2000, but those B&M trains really look like they make the ride quite comfortable. The normal Morgan trains aren't uncomfortable, but they're very big, and they don't give you a lot of freedom. I wish Cedar Fair would get these trains for Wild Thing, Steel Force, and Mamba.