TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

Vortex at Carowinds. It is awful. An abomination. Georgia Scorcher and Green Lantern weren't super terrible, but I'll probably never ride a standing coaster again.

For steel coasters, I have to go with Apolcaypse/Firebird. Rode it as Apocalypse in 2016 and hated it. Rode it again in 2019 in hopes it improved as a floorless, and it was somehow worse.

I actually liked Firebird. I never rode Apocalypse as it was closed on previous visits (not sure I would have ridden it anyway), but I found Firebird to be decent with just one head jerk moment.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villain at Geauga Lake.

This its last year of operating, so cant vouch for how it may have been, but to this day roughest wooden I've experienced. I was actually scared on it, like....for my safety. Was just brutal. I have a good tolerance and like when a wooden is a rough too! That was something else.

Though honorable mention to GASM at SF over GA. Looks nice, glad its still there but holy cow...

Steel? Oh that's tough. Needless to say some arrow loopers were awful and yeah know: Vekoma SLC

For the sake of something different, I had a totally **** ride on Flight of Fear at KI. This I didn't expect, KD's wasn't bad at all. This one left me with a headache so bad I needed to get advil and lay down. For a ride w lap bars!

^Yeah, as much as I still love it, Kings Island’s Flight of Fear is bizarrely rough. It’s super weird because basically every other Premier I’ve ridden is butter smooth. Then again, so are most B&M hypers and inverts...maybe KI needs a new maintenance team?

^Yeah, as much as I still love it, Kings Island’s Flight of Fear is bizarrely rough. It’s super weird because basically every other Premier I’ve ridden is butter smooth. Then again, so are most B&M hypers and inverts...maybe KI needs a new maintenance team?

Yup! FoF at KD I never had any issue with. And going back a while...The Chiller at SFGrAdv was perfectly fine after they removed the OTSR's. But KI? WOWZA. I was totally unprepared, esp given it had lap bars. Was tough to suss out what was worse...it or Vortex (my head hurt so said screw it let's get it out of the way) but honestly FoF was prob worse. How is beyond me!

I plead ignorance, I just don't know the details on the how maintenance works for steel rides and why some are worse but yeah it's interesting. Like age is a factor too and some B&Ms are getting rough, but then Kumba...in 2018 I thought was perfectly fine. Not glass smooth but not at all rough, and that back row! Then you get FoF lol wild how such variation happens.

Uncanny memory – but I recall Villain at Geauga Lake being an absolute nightmare.

Also, OG Hurler at KD. Ouch.

Villain was bad, it hurt a lot. I don't know if I'd say it was the roughest I ever rode, but it would be hard to pick one that I have a worse memory of riding.