TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

The roughest coaster I have been on recently was Thunderhawk at Dorneypark and it's to me, one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden out of 99 coasters. I remember riding it as a kid and it not being that bad, which would have been around the late 80's/early 90's when Journey to the Center of the earth was there and you went into a tunnel before the lift hill.

The whole ride after the first drop, I seriously would have jumped off the coaster if I could have...lol....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaster Express @ Park Warner in Madrid still stands as THE roughest coaster ive ever ridden.

Seriously, i'd rather ride Manhatten Express and the Texas Giant repeatedly for a year than ride CE one more time.

#1 : FINALLY !!!!!!!!! It's Coaster Express @ Parque Warner Madrid: The most rough coaster i've eeeeeever ever been on !! Really that thing beats the crap out of you, stands almost still in banked curves and bump your ellbow till it's blue and green (like mine) Never again in my life, not for money !!!

And I rode it in the backrow !!

#2 (Superwirbel aka. )Vekoma Double Corkscrew @ Holidaypark: The new trains are better, but the old trains were horrible beating your ears bloody!!

#3 Pakal @ Mirabilandia: It's a spanish version of an wild mouse... omg i crashed my ellbow twice and flew into my mothers costals

(#4Ghostrider: This Ride was so out of control !! The train jumps over that hills and slamms on the irontrack But actually it was great fun !! )

Edited by Lamoure

The original Cyclone was AWESOME yet brutal. The back seat almost killed me, I swear.

The Boss at Six Flags St. Louis. Okay, WTF is up with that??? It should be an awesome ride - it's in there, I swear but oh...my....god.... Thought I was truly breaking things.

David

^^David, I hear you! The best was riding with Dave Thomas on his first and only ride. Just when you think it's over, the helix of death appears out of nowhere. A crowd pleaser haha

This past summer really provided for an amazing TPR experience where I was able to ride a few Gravity Group and CCI rides (which I love!) that haven’t been re-tracked or have ‘gracefully’ aged over the past few years.

The top few wham bam bash you m’am experiences, characterized by bruised ribs and such, for me have been:

-Coney Island Cyclone – Back Seat. It’s a classic so the floggin’ is worth it.

-The Voyage – Seriously, so much potential but it needs to end much sooner in such a condition. Bring on the Timberliners…

-Hades – Again, so cool but wow, it is very aggressive. I think that sign is out there every day…

-Wild Cat at Lake Compounce – Back Seat. Nothing else to say, and coincidentally, I couldn’t talk or take a full breath afterward because of the bruised ribs and all.

-The Boss – very rough but I still loved it. Great potential here and I wish I could have ridden it when it was new.

The grandpa woodies at Blackpool.

Most of the SLCs (especially Blue Tornado at Gardaland)

I love Slc's especially Blue Tornado hehe that's quiet odd

I rode it front row and back row, with pressing my body against the resistance No headache or inujuries ♥slc's

The grandpa woodies at Blackpool.

Most of the SLCs (especially Blue Tornado at Gardaland)

I love Slc's especially Blue Tornado hehe that's quiet odd

I rode it front row and back row, with pressing my body against the resistance No headache or inujuries ♥slc's

Well, if you've been on Katun the day before Blue Tornado you surely notice the difference. If Vekoma is the Ford of Roller Coasters, B&M is the Rolls Royce

• 1 month later...

This past weekend I got my first ride on HP's Wildcat with the new trains. Holy crap that thing flew, also seemed to be somewhat violent compared to the last time I rode it. I would put this above KD's Grizzly, I never really found it to be "rough" so to speak.....

Ghostrider... but mainly because I remember how it ran early in its life when it was my favorite coaster. Also this one is very mixed, but for me potentially Deja Vu. My first ride was god awful. I rode it once more and it was okay, but still not awesome. Also I absolutely hate the one moment where you enter the second lift vertically facing up. In fact the only thing I like about Deja Vu are the verticle drops, if not for those I would never ride again.

For what its worth I loved Psyclone at SFMM. That being said I was in second grade when I rode it and was only like 7, and I wasnt a coaster nerd yet, so that might have been how I thought woodies were supposed to ride since it was my first one. Also I decided to ride twice with my Dad...he(for the first time I remember) said God Damnit(and my dad is fairly religious) on our second ride, so he must have been getting the crap beaten out of him, but I had an awesome time.

Finally Revolution. ITs not brutally painul and I love that layout, but the trains(as had been said billions of times) ruin the ride. I love how it uses the terrain though, and it is certaintly ridable... especially at night, but it has so much potential to be so much more, especially considering how well it uses the terrain. Those breaks in the tunnel practically stop you, and I dont remember it doing that my first ride like 10 years ago. Of course, like psyclone I may have sentimental feelings for the coaster as it was my first looper, so that may be why I have fond memories.

• 1 month later...
Gouderix... tied a hoodie round my head the 6th time, and the controlers seemed to understand

This.

WTF with those weird headrests? If you put your head back to try to avoid the ear boxing, the back of your head gets wedged into that oddly-shaped crack of a headrest. The only solution is to stick your head way forward and look at your knees the whole time. Then its your neck and jawling that gets battered, but that's better than your ears or the back of your head.

It's such a beautiful-looking coaster, too. What a shame. Can't believe that you went six times!!! Once was too many for me.

I would say Desparado at Buffalo Bil'l's, Primm Nevada. It's the only coaster I've been on recently where i thought I was going to actually be seriously hurt. Left with a sore shoulder.