TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Coaster Express, Parque Warner Madrid (ES)

2) Goudurix, Parc Asterix (FR)

3) El Condor, Walibi World (NL)

4) Bandid, Movie Park Germany (GE)

5) Anaconda, Parc Walygator (FR)

6) Shockwave, Drayton Manor (UK)

7) GForce, Drayton Manor (UK) [i really don't like the coasters of Drayton Manor!]

8) Nitro, Denlyss Parc (FR)

9) MP Express, Movie Park Germany (GE)

10) Infusion, Blackpool Pleasure Beach (UK)

3 SLC's The only SLC that isn't in there is Vampire in Walibi Belgium, because it isn't Rough! (strange!)

A bunch of European coasters, Never been to the USA before, lucky to chance this in 2011!!

Coastercount: 159(145 Steel,14 Wood) in 39 parks.

Revolution @ SFMM

Mean Streak @ Cedar Point

Vortex @ CGA

Boomerang @ SFDK

I didn't find any of those rough actually, and I just went on 3/4 recently. Boomerang is only a little rough in the front row, Vortex is a little head-bangy, Revolution I've always found to be very smooth, and Mean Streak was never rough for me.

It's actually quite interesting, I went on Kong, at SFDK, nearly no head banging, only rough a little bit after the sidewinder! It was the smoothest I've seen it ever, not that it has ever been terribly rough to me.

If anything, Grizzly, at CGA is likely the roughest coaster in the entire world.

Revolution @ SFMM

Mean Streak @ Cedar Point

Vortex @ CGA

Boomerang @ SFDK

I didn't find any of those rough actually, and I just went on 3/4 recently. Boomerang is only a little rough in the front row, Vortex is a little head-bangy, Revolution I've always found to be very smooth, and Mean Streak was never rough for me.

It's actually quite interesting, I went on Kong, at SFDK, nearly no head banging, only rough a little bit after the sidewinder! It was the smoothest I've seen it ever, not that it has ever been terribly rough to me.

If anything, Grizzly, at CGA is likely the roughest coaster in the entire world.

I live about ten minutes away from SFDK. I can say I agree with you on Kong, as it's actually quite smooth. Mean Streak is neither really boring or really rough. Not fun at all. Vortex has a very painful ending, but he rest is smooth. Grizzly is very smooth, and currently my second smoothest wooden coaster. Boomerang just isn't enjoyable like Kong is. Boomerang at Knott's is WAY smoother and better than at SFDK. Gemini is actually quite rough also. Revolution's third drop is hell pretty much. Viper at SFMM gets such a bashing from enthusiasts and isn't even that bad.

Alexander "roughness is varied" Walder

Edited by ABW

I had a pretty decent ride on Gwazi this past weekend, not nearly as brutal as my last few visits. I think the re-tracking of certain spots is finally starting to show. Now if they would only get a few Millennium Flyers that thing could be great again.

• 3 months later...

Well, I'd say Revolution (SFMM) as a steel coaster and Gwazi (BGT) as a wooden coaster, before the new trains (though I liked Gwazi before, I prefer the newer version). I thought Revolution was just a little shaky, but I haven't been on any rougher coaster.

I got no headbanging on Mantis. Sure it hurt down below, but that's only because it's intense, not rough.

Agreed. On my first and only trip to the point, I was very nervous getting on mantis after hearing about how rough it was. Well, it felt like every other beemer to me.

My ride on mean streak was the roughest ride on any coaster i have been on. I remember hitting what felt like a large pot hole prior to lift which hurt, and it was then i realized what i was in store for.

I believe the roughness factor really depends on a persons size. What we tall people find smooth, someone shorter like my wife gets the headbanging from the restraints due to where they land around her head. On woodies, it all depends on whether or not you are sitting above a wheel assembly from my experience. Sure there are some rides out there that just plain beat the crap out of you, but there are some people out there who kinda enjoy that sort of thing.....