TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

My first experience with X was horrible. I first rode it in 2003 and didn't enjoy it. I was much shorter back then so the rests that come down onto your shoulders, etc were leveled to that of my head. So if I laid my head on the head rest, my head would bang up against them...I learned in 2004 that if I stick my head out, I don't have a problem. Now I'm much more taller and don't have to worry about the thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only coaster that I consider to be terrible and rough would be Wild Beast @ Canada's Wonderland. I don't have a problem with many of the rides TPR complains about such as Psyclone, Mean Streak, Son of Beast, and SLCs, but Wild Beast was simply terrible. When a coaster bounces up the lift hill, you know you're in trouble.

1. Cyclops, Mt. Olympus (I died on that thing, even in the front car)

2. Mean Streak, Cedar Point

3. Timber Wolf, Worlds of Fun

4. High Roller, Valleyfair

5. Twisted Twins, Kentucky Kingdom

There are plenty more that I have sustained brain injuries on.

Row 6 of SFOGGASM beat the hell out of me. The roughest single experience I've ever had on a coaster, with at least 8 moments of VIOLENT head jolting , which was ridiculous since the seat directly in front of it gave a normal ride. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that they had to replace the wheels the very next day.

Idk if it was just to tady but mean streak in the back row was absoulutely horrible. It was the red train and everybody in the train was complaining afterwards. Ive never reall had a big problem with mean streak till today

To date (I've ridden 22 coasters! Whoopie!) it's Anaconda in the back 2 cars and Hurler anywhere. I love both of them to death. Hurler because it's got immense airtime, Anaconda because... well.. it's an Arrow, it's fun, and my first looping coaster. Now this will probably change after I go to DP and SFGAdv June 22nd/23rd.

My lovely roughtiest monster is "EuroSat" in Europa Park, Germany. Its completly over- and underbanked, completly dark but a lot of rough fun, because you never know what hapen next, the layout is just amazing unforeseeable and it has one of the hardest finish brakes.... but its just a lot of fun to beat this monster! Even if i were happy every time to be alive when the train reaches the station

Ghostrider and Boomerang at Knotts, Hurricane at SCBB, oddly enough I've been on 2 vekoma inverts (Kong, and Deja Vu) Kong was very decent for me (I even went for re rides) and Vu is probably the smoothest thing Vekoma can make that rests below the track.

Most recently, it would have to be the coasters at Kennywood. I fully expected to be tossed around a bit, (Heck, I know the reputations of their coasters!). And I liked Thunderbolt, Jack Rabbit, and the Racer, but nothing could prepare us for the beating we received from Phantom's Revenge & Exterminator.

Phantom's Revenge was so pleasureable for the first half, but that ride did a total 180 on the second half, (following the awesome 85mph turnaround). We tried to be ready for the series of smaller bunny hops at the end, but we felt like we were being broken in half each time we went over one. And we weren't the only ones, grunts and yells of pain could be heard elsewhere on the train too.

Exterminator was a big "Duh!" on our parts. Let's see, a spinning wild mouse...sometimes excruciating on it's own. Now let's take away the one thing that helps you prepare for what the ride will do to you...Daylight, (or light of any type! ).

So, if I expected all that happened to happen, why did I ride in the first place? I'm an enthusiast! I need my credits!

Will I ride them again? Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment that way!

I normally LOVE a good bit of roughness on wooden coasters, but Cyclone (SFNE), Psyclone (SFMM), Mean Streak, and Son Of Beast are just BAD. I would have to pick Cyclone as the worst of the bunch, not just because of the pain, but because the ride itself sucks too.

Here's the ride: Tiny drop, turn, small drop with jack hammering. Climbs up and JUST barely makes it up, creeks around a rough corner, drop, jack hammering, climb, then a series of fast, rib breaking rough turns and more jack-hammering. All while producing just about zero airtime.

It's funny how people have different opinions about Cyclone at SFNE. Some people really hate it but others like it... and a lot sometimes.

I'm one of the people that actually liked it. I wouldn't give it a 10 at all but I enjoyed it. It's not on my HATE list>

I'm not sure on this one. My guess would have to be Hercules when that was at Dorney Park. That was probably the roughest coaster I've ever ridden. I'm not too sure on the steel coasters I've ridden though, I'll have to think about the ones I've ridden and decide on that one.

Coaster Express @ Park Warner in Madrid still stands as THE roughest coaster ive ever ridden.

Seriously, i'd rather ride Manhatten Express and the Texas Giant repeatedly for a year than ride CE one more time.

...My guess would have to be Hercules when that was at Dorney Park. That was probably the roughest coaster I've ever ridden.

I've heard the horror stories about Herc...glad Hydra got it's revenge!

Ok, I take back my vote for Cyclone. I was at the park today and it is running better than it has in the past. It is still WAY to rough, but not nearly as bad as before. They REALLY need to retrack more of the ride... or bulldoze it and put in an Intamin plug-n-play. I can dream, can't I?