TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually on this board I would say wildcat(at hershey) was the roughest but I think Great amercian scream machine at SFGAdv takes the cake on this one, I never knew one could get beat up literally by a coaster before, Ouch!

Wildcat was pretty rough when I rode it in june. Ive heard that its much better with the GCI trains so I dont really want to think about what it was like with the old trains.

As for Great American Scream Machine, I didnt think it was bad at all. One bump right before the second loop, but apart from that it wasnt painfull at all. We rode in the front of the 6th car so it might be worse in other seats.

The roughest coaster on our trip was probably Cyclone @ SFNE. Its the only coaster where I have been happy for trim brakes.

Usually on this board I would say wildcat(at hershey) was the roughest but I think Great amercian scream machine at SFGAdv takes the cake on this one, I never knew one could get beat up literally by a coaster before, Ouch!

Wildcat was pretty rough when I rode it in june. Ive heard that its much better with the GCI trains so I don't really want to think about what it was like with the old trains.

As for Great American Scream Machine, I didn't think it was bad at all. One bump right before the second loop, but apart from that it wasn't painfull at all. We rode in the front of the 6th car so it might be worse in other seats.

I rode in the very front seat and I was still thrown around like a rag doll.

As for wildcat I rode it last year in june which I believe was after the new trains were installed and it still was shaking and rattling a lot.

Predator at Darien Lake looked bad enough for me to not want to ride during my last visit. When you can see every persons neck getting whip-snapped over the hills, plus all of the bad reviews I have read on here = no ride for me!

I learned my lesson a month ago on Hurler at KD!

I Have not been on many coasters, but I would have to say

Cyclone - SFNE

DON'T RIDE IN BACK!! EVER!!!

Mind Eraser - SFNE

My right ear was bleeding when I came off the last time I rode it

Boulderdash (2006) - Lake Compounce

Back in 2006 before they reprofiled BDash, It was one of the roughest rides I have been on, the non banked turn after the first drop - ouch

The Predator at Darien Lake. That's the only roller coaster on the planet that I refused to ever ride again because it was so painful, and I'm a SFMM Psyclone and Cedar Point Meanstreak vet. Those are smooth as silk compared to Predator at DL

Wood = Gwazi

Steel = Iron Wolf

While I don't enjoy rough wooden coasters, I can at least grin and bear the back pain for the duration of the ride. Same goes for the excessive boob jiggling, though I usually end up holding my chest about halfway through the ride. Don't want to knock my own eye out or anything. (Note to self: wear sports bra at all future amusement parks).

But rough steel coasters? Head banging is NOT a tolerable sensation for me. I don't like feeling my brain swirling around my head like the fake snow inside a snow globe. It's creepy, really. Painful, YES, but still...very creepy.

Wood- Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Steel- the kiddie coaster Orient Express at the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton, CA. I found it shocking that kids would sprint from the exit to so they could be on the next ride. This is one credit that I could have done without.

Wood - Cyclone at SFNE

Steel - Viper at SFGADV

I was just at SFNE yesterday and for some reason I wanted to see how Cyclone was doing, if it was just as bad as I last rode it a couple years ago. It didn't take long to remember why I hate this thing. The laterals were out of control and the train was constantly jackhammering. I think if the ride lasted any longer, my spine would have given way.