TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwazi at Busch Gardens Africa. It's in desperate need of retracking and adding Millennium Flyers. A close second is American Eagle at Six Flags Great America, but that was more bumpy than rough and it didn't leave me in pain.

I got back from Wild Waves Theme Park a few days ago, and I finally got my credit for the Wild Thing (this was my third visit there).

It's an Arrow Loop and Corkscrew, and I knew it was going to be a rough ride, so I braced myself while riding. It still hurt like hell though, with the jerky transistions and constant headbanging. The only smooth part of the ride was the loop.

The Wild Thing at Wild Waves wins my award for roughest coaster I've ridden.

Ok, I've avoided the "Texas Giant" for the five years I've lived in Dallas, from all the headache warnings I've heard, and this weekend I finally rode it, Honestly, it has to be the biggest piece of crap ever built, Pretty yes, huge and impressive, yes, but I wonder if the designers ever took into consideration that human beings were actually going to ride it! What a waste of lumber, they could have saved so many trees, and just beat me silly with one plank! While nursing the chunk of flesh it took out of my knuckle, and the general violent all over body trauma, I said "Well, now that I have the credit, I never EVER have to ride it again" It figures, Texas Giant is a big GIANT pain in my everything!

Mine would probably have to be Cyclone at Six Flags New England. When you sit in the back there is a "kink" in the first hill that launches you out of your seat as you go over. You get thrown to the side as well as out of your seat. It may be rough but I love it.

Hurricane at Adventureland Long Island, Farmingdale. It's CRAZY!!! IT's so much fun, but the amount of head banging, arm bruises, damn that thing can put you in so much pain. Not to mention the person on the right side looks as though you're going to hit the pole every turn- seriously. So the right passenger always puts his head in and gives ME more damage LOL!

" It's not the biggest, it's not the fastest, but it's definitely the meanest."

The Texas Cyclone

Or maybe Wiener Looping, coming back through the station gave me a pretty good smack.

I rode the Wiener Looping at Flamingo Land the day after a heavy drinking session....I greyed out (shouldn't have ridden it 5 times in a row!)

It was the best feeling ever, I love Schwarzkopf coasters, I miss them terribly, the only one close to me is "Enigma" at Pleasurewood Hills, which quite frankly sucks

Andrew "Bring back Schwarzkopfs!" Shakespeare

Son Of Beast hands down- esp. the second helix---ouch! (when I rode it last- it still had a loop and the ride up thru the loop wasn't bad)- but that ending was a killer.

The Boss at SFSTL is Rough, BUT I still enjoy the ride. However, I don't sit back further than 3rd car and Always on the left side. Riding it like this is still bouncy BUT fun. I can actually re-ride this 4 or 5 times before the bruising sets in.

Oh yeah, Manhattan Express is terrible after the first two drops. Tear it down and try again.

I always heard Gwazi was really rough, but I found myself needing to ride a wooden coaster badly so off I went. My rides on the Lion side were fun actually and I figured it's reputation was not deserved...however, the afternoon ride on the Tiger side was awful. I have never come off a coaster hating it except for that time. It sucked. I was actually pissed about it. Maybe I was over a bad wheel or something. I really cant overstate how painful and just pointless it seemed. Someone should go to hell for that.