TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most rough roller-coaster I've been on is Lethal Weapon at Movie World Australia (Vekoma SLC). I say Remove the blue train and only have red train as it is smooth. But I've only been on 18 coasters so I'm an enthusiast in training

Funny that you say that. A lot of people say its smooth, others don't. I'm pretty sure i was in the Red Train, as i didn't get any headbanging

Oh yeah, my roughest coaster.

This would probably go to my local Galaxi, or the GOudrix.

I have just back from the local theme park, Escape. I rode Alpha 8, an indoor wild mouse which is totally pitch black with no effects at all. This is even rougher than Treaak! Really bumpy ad jerky and most of all rough, very rough. I was thrown away to the left and right. The guy beside me seemed almost fall from the car! The waiting time is 60 minutes since it only operates 2 cars! Now that's what I also called ANTIQUE!

• 2 weeks later...

The roughest coaster i've ever been on was Tornado at M&D's in Scotland. It was HORRIBLE. The OTSR was way to tight and crammed your arms to the side of the car which really hurt when the car jostled around. Also it grabbed your head and repeatedly slammed it into the restraint back and forth for the WHOLE ride. Then again i've only ever ridden 5 coasters so far but still...

Cyclone used to be the `Big Dipper` at Sydneys Luna Park.I actually found it quite tame.Not a huge amount of air time (although we were sitting in the middle) I also found it frustrating that the staff who were running it the day we were there must have been really slow because it was literally taking about 10 minutes per ride.Overall it wasnt bad but i wouldnt rave

i also notice your from the UK.whats your favourite coaster there? I was there in 98 just after they added Oblivion at Alton Towers.That was pretty kewl for its time.Nemesis was also crazy I also went to Blackpool but the `Big one` was closed due to high wind..gotta hate that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Corkscrew, AT. its a pain everywhere except the a$$... scary as hell too, especially with loose restraints... *shudders*

Vampire, CwoA. Gah! cant stand it!!! 45mph round a corner and a failure of an airtime hill (invert airtime doesnt work) which pumps like hell, swinging from side to side rapidly doesnt make it any better. It shouldve been an inverted looper or something, but without loops...

Colossus, TP. Ever been in a moshpit? This machine is 100x worse!!! the cobra roll after the dive under the shop is sooo painful, letalone the limb back into the corkscrews. Could they not make it so you go up the hill which immediately converts into a corkscrew without levelling out?