TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few of you mentioned the Hurler (all of them), which is the roughest i've been on in a while.

GASM at SFOG was pretty bad. Ninja at SFOG wasn't that bad when I rode it a few weeks ago, in the rain.

Although this is a little OT, but the Mindbender at SFOG is surprising smooth to be nearly 30 years old.

Mind Eraser at SFA for me, although Anaconda wasn't so great the last time I rode it at KD.

I'm just wondering, how much do you think rider size fits into the equation? I'm fairly large and will be going to SFoG in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering how rough GASM and the Cyclone would be if I were 50 pounds lighter.

I have three... and guess what! One actually is NOT an Arrow - Imagine that!

1. Demon @ SFGAm - The double corkscrew at the end is the most painful I've ever been on!

2. Python @ BGA - Double corker - ouch! Not too bad, though.

3. Ragin' Cajun @ SFGAm - Hit wall at 40 MPH. Turn. Repeat. Also, at the end, you go over a hill backwards. The first time I rode, I wasn't ready for it and I jammed my neck - OUCH! Worse than any headbanging I've ever done. Lucky I didn't sue!

I've only been to 3 major amusement parks (Hint: they're all in Ohio...), but I've re-ridden a lot of rides, so I've had some good experiences and some bad ones.

Thunderhawk @ Geauga Lake: First rode it as Serial Thriller back in 2002, and DAMN. I got slammed around so bad my ears were ringing for a couple days. However, I rode it again last year, and it wasn't nearly as bad.

Mean Streak @ Cedar Point: I've been on this one at least half a dozen times, and it's never smooth, but I've had some rides much worse than others. Last year was probably the worst, trims were on way too hard on the drop, and it jackhammered all the way around, not something you'd expect when it's going so slow it feels like it's gonna valley. This year, however, it was very lightly trimmed, and not nearly as rough. I actually enjoyed the ride for once.

Corkscrew @ Cedar Point: Never had a bad ride on this until this year, the transition into the double corkscrew jolted much harder than I expected, and gave me a nice headache.

Magnum @ Cedar Point: Again, this one was always fun until this year, the bunnyhops that are normally the best part of the ride were really forceful and bruised my legs all up. I really hope I just had a bad ride, because it's one of my favorite coasters.

Son of Beast @ PKI: I rode this 12 days before the accident, and I expected much, MUCH worse than what I experienced. Honestly, it was about as rough as some of my Mean Streak rides, I got off with only mild pain.

But this one takes the cake...

Beast @ PKI: I spent 2 days at PKI when I went this year, it was my first time there. I rode Beast at about 8 PM on the first day, and really loved it. Then when I re-rode the next day at about noon...OH.MY.GOD. I've NEVER had a rougher ride on any coaster ever. I can only describe the sensation as feeling as though my ribcage was about to shatter into pieces by the time we hit the brakerun. I actually had to lie down on a bench for about 10 minutes after the ride, it was that bad. I know how wood coasters are completely different rides at different times of day/different weather conditions, but wow.

The handsdown roughest coaster that I've been on is SON OF BEAST. On those helixes, it seriously felt like I was going to be knocked out for weeks. I also dislike SLC like T2 at SFKK and most Arrow corkscrewers.

Gwazi isn't made by CCI, Its made by GCI.

Anyways Flashback is the worst by far. Way worse than Pyscole and Manhurtin Express. Those rides are smooth as glass to Flashback. Flashback is a POS. SFMM would be a better place without it. tto the 100th power = Flashback.

TDL's Space Mountain's the worst. i'm NOT gonna get on that again 'n again!

when i see guys ridin' on that two times in a row i look up them a lot!

give them a vote! no vote for me's ok 'cause i don't have courages for doin' that darn thing, sorry

I have a few

For wooden:

Rolling Thunder SFGAdv (Horrible ride, not worth the pain it caused)

Rattler SFFT (Very bumpy and very shaky, bad supports, but it was probably one of the coolest layed out coasters I have ever rode)

Texas Giant SFOT (Bumpy, but it is an awesome coaster though)

Zeus Mt. Olympus (OUCH!)

For steel:

GASM SFGAdv (Wow. I think i got a concussion)

Iron Wolf SFGAm (1st half was ok. 2nd half...pain)

Mind Eraser at SFA for me, although Anaconda wasn't so great the last time I rode it at KD.

I'm just wondering, how much do you think rider size fits into the equation? I'm fairly large and will be going to SFoG in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering how rough GASM and the Cyclone would be if I were 50 pounds lighter.

OMG I totaly agree. But Anaconda isn't as rough as any SLC. I actually really like Anaconda.

But, I found out if you ride Mind Eraser in the front seat. It too is enjoyable. Weird I know.

GhostRider at KBF... I rode it a few weeks ago, and I could care less how much any of you like it -- It was jackhammering and vibrating so much that I almost literally felt my brain being bashed around inside my skull... I came off moaning with the worst headache I've had in my life!

Ridden Desperado at Buffalo Bill's lately? I rode it in March, and it was a ROUGH ride. First, the seatbelt wouldn't close at first, but finally snapped shut. Then the barely-tall-enough kid in front of us kept turning around and laughing at us, so I was worried sick that he was going to get some serious airtime and fly out of his seat! I don't think this ride has been inspected in ages, and the paint was chipping everywhere. The G's were punishing enough, but the roughness of the track multiplied the torture. Only for masochists!