TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

^ Haha. Thank you. I have seen so many people say Gwazi is rough. I literally rode it like 3 or 4 months ago. There isn't anything wrong with it.It is suprizingly my #2 wooden....right behind good ole Voyage. Thunderhead is down at about #5 because unlike most of you, I can't stand those trains....well, correction, I love the trains, the comfort of the seats, the way they look, the way each car moves independently providing a smoother ride, but I can't stand the lap bars. They are so heavy and just fall into your lap. It takes away from all opportunities of airtime and the lap bar actually gets me in the gut, so any airtime moments is painful. Anybody else think the lapbars are poorly designed? Out of my common sense, something that would help alot would be to have the bar that is coming from the floor to go into the bottom of the bar instead of the top.... rcdb.com/ig2451.htm?picture=4 see what I mean?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think the lapbars are poorly designed?

Vekoma trains have the same heavy "block" acting as a lapbar.

You have to set your foot against the "bar" to prevent it from hitting your stomach, or staple it real hard.

Just make sure it doesn't have a chance of continuously hitting you during the ride.

Hydraulic lapbars are a welcome innovation. No presets, it just stays where you want it.

^ Exactly. Those would be great to have on that ride. That is why I love Intamin hypers. They also never fall down in the middle of the ride. I actually sent an email to GCI's train designer with my opinion on their trains. I haven't gotten a response back yet, but that was only like a week ago that I sent it. I also suggested that if the lap bars locked in place before you left the station it would be an amazing ride also. It is a shame that I have to judge a ride based on its lap bar...

I can't remember if I posted in here yet... Oh well.

Since I'm a coaster newb who's only ridden 4 big coasters, I'd have to say Viper at SFMM.

Smoothest: Tatsu!

EDIT: DANG IT, I already posted this in here earlier... Sorry.

Corkscrew at Cedar Point! It is just flat out terrible! My first words getting off it was,''That was awful!"And my mom flat out agreed with me! We did not do that ride again for 2 reasons-

It was rough, and

we wasted 1 minute of our lives, because it was so short!

The only entertaining thing on that thing was this teenager shouting,"My cat's name is Rebecca!'' on the lift hill.

Austin

Hands down, it's Psyclone. I rode it for the first time last week and all I can say is that is the worst coaster I've ever been on. Someone else mentioned the Villian and that one feels smooth compared to this POS. It doesn't even feel like they retracked it; don't tell me it was worse before! I will NEVER ride Psyclone again!

^ Okay, I only rode Psyclone once last week, and hadn't ridden it for a couple of years (after which I swore "Never again"), but I went expecting the absolute worst and it seemed rather...docile. Certainly less grueling than, oh, Viper or one of X's now-infamous outside seats. And I'm no fan of roughness...

Maybe it has somethng to do with expectations?

^That's because the worst bits on Psyclone were retracked. It's still pretty bad though. A drastic improvement from before, but still pretty bad.

^^^ Consider yourself lucky if Corkscrew is your most painful ride...

Hands down, it's Psyclone. I rode it for the first time last week and all I can say is that is the worst coaster I've ever been on. Someone else mentioned the Villian and that one feels smooth compared to this POS. It doesn't even feel like they retracked it; don't tell me it was worse before! I will NEVER ride Psyclone again!

IT is so smooth compared to SFOG's GC. Before I made it to the lift, everywhere (I MEAN EVERYWHERE) hurt.

I heard Gouderix is the roughest coaster in the world. Is that true?

Goudurix is probably the only modern coaster in the world, containing "stretched track".

Vekoma manufactured a piece or two mirrored or something and they didn't bother to redo them, so they twisted & stretched them a bit.

This was told by an engineer / designer at the Vekoma HQ in Vlodrop, The Netherlands ! Not a rumor, not a joke.

They weren't too happy with the end result either...

http://www.parkfunworld.be/coasters_reviews/pictures/Goudurix2.jpg

(warning: disturbing ! )

That picture is sick and twisted! (No pun intended there).

How could psyclone be so rough? I heard it's an exact replica of the New York Cyclone. I wasn't able to ride it when I was last at the Mountain, for it and [obviously] Deja Vu were closed.

IT is so smooth compared to SFOG's GC. Before I made it to the lift, everywhere (I MEAN EVERYWHERE) hurt.

You got to ride in the magic row. Last car, front bench. I too did not like this coaster until I rode in that row. The 4th hill has some really great ejector airtime.