TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after our recent trip to SFoG, I would have to say the roughest for me is still the Ga Cyclone, and for my fiancee it has to be Ninja, considering it gave her whiplash. Im not joking.

Ninja also has to have one of the scariest brake runs ever.

I haven't been on a lot of things, so I'd have to say any Vekoma Boomerang is the roughest (and my most hated). Though Viper at Magic Mountain might be worse...I'm right at the perfect height where the sides of my head are exactly level with the restraints. My ears were practically bleeding. A friend of mine whom I went to the Mountain with had been there before, and knew enough to sit in the middle of the train. I wanted to try the back, though, to see if I'd black out.

Well, after our recent trip to SFoG, I would have to say the roughest for me is still the Ga Cyclone, and for my fiancee it has to be Ninja, considering it gave her whiplash. Im not joking.

WOW! Where did you sit for the Cyclone because we had 2 good rides on it.

Again it was because we were in the last car front seat. Though it did beat us pretty bad last year when we rode the front car second row. Ninja also is not too bad if you sit in the last car front seat. Ok, yeah it is pretty bad, much worse than last year.

Though for me, so far, it was Carowind's Hurler when we rode in the very back row. That was a really bad idea.

WOW! Where did you sit for the Cyclone because we had 2 good rides on it.

Again it was because we were in the last car front seat. Though it did beat us pretty bad last year when we rode the front car second row. Ninja also is not too bad if you sit in the last car front seat. Ok, yeah it is pretty bad, much worse than last year.

Though for me, so far, it was Carowind's Hurler when we rode in the very back row. That was a really bad idea.

We rode the magic seat you told me about on both rides.. Honestly, I felt a difference on Ninja, as the ride was tolerable for me until the brake run (it got its headbanging revenge on me there). However Neesh is only 5'1", so the top of her head lines up with the horsecollars. She says she was tensing up really hard to keep from headbanging into the restraints, and crashing into the brake run forced her foward while she was tensed. She was fine though until 2 days later, she woke up and could barely move.

The Ga Cyclone was still pretty bad IMO in the magic seat. The layout seems so kickass, I really wish they could get this thing running at least as smooth as GASM.

• 2 weeks later...

I Disagree. Ride the Cyclone at Lakeside when they are training op's on the Main Brakes... Some of them forget about the first brake stick and they let it fly though the final turn and pray to god that the brakes on the turn can slow the train down enough.

(manual brakes)

Stop saying Gwazi is rough, because it's not.

I would say the roughest steel is either Flashback or Manhattan Express. It's ben some time since I've been on Flashback, and when I rode Manhattan Express the last time I was pretty much dead, so I don't have that much recollection of either of them, but they both do hurt pretty badly.

I heard Gouderix is the roughest coaster in the world. Is that true?

Goudurix is probably the only modern coaster in the world, containing "stretched track".

Vekoma manufactured a piece or two mirrored or something and they didn't bother to redo them, so they twisted & stretched them a bit.

This was told by an engineer / designer at the Vekoma HQ in Vlodrop, The Netherlands ! Not a rumor, not a joke.

They weren't too happy with the end result either...

http://www.parkfunworld.be/coasters_reviews/pictures/Goudurix2.jpg

(warning: disturbing ! )