TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

ninja@SFOG ...but i hear people saying sit towards the back....thought it would be worse...i tried to sit towards the front cuz i thought it waould be bettter

.....Yeah right! next time i go ill sit in the back.

Mantis wasn't rought when i rode it and i ditn ride mean streak! but yeah so i just think that it was ninja@SFOG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd agree with the Thunderbolt being one of the worst rough coasters anywhere.

I actually remember a funny little story behind the great roughness of it too. One of my mates was fully anticipating getting his first ride on Thunderbolt, and seeing people wizz past before (only seeing the first row of people though) he thought it was incredibly smooth. Anyway, he's going on how good it's going to be (you know how some n00bs can be) and I just go "look, if you think it's soo smooth I bet you the two people in the back row will walk off holding their back and the two in the front will walk off fine."

Anyway, train rolls in, and the restraints pop up, and this man, who's probably around his mid sixty basically cracks his back and half, and his son, who's trying to get some help from the ride-op, is cusping his back into his hands. Funny look on my mate's face too.

Ben "the stuff aussie parks can get away with!" Roach.

Goudurix, Parc Astrix.

[...]a backseat POV of Goudurix for you [...]

Thank you for that very special "insight". Excellent onride footage (cam must have been fixated to car somehow). But regarding that coaster...

...oh well...

Talking about Bandit @ MPG. Rough, bruising in places (even more whith hot weather plus wet rails from rain). I still loved riding it for about 1 1/2 hours consecutively (~ 15++ rides, lost count, many with keeping seats).

The fact that I could barely sit and walk the next day only made it more memorable to me. I would take this particular pain anytime again!

BTW: I'd never ride FX (that Vekoma SLC right besides Bandit ) more than 2 or 3 times. I did find out how to avoid most of the headbanging, yet it's never calling for more than one or two rerides a day.

redunzelizer 8)

In my, admittedly limited, experience, Corkscrew at Alton Towers is by far the roughest I've ridden. Sometimes it's excruciating, sometimes not so bad, but when I rode it toward the end of the 2004 season they may as well have had ambulances lined up outside to treat the head injuries.

Ninja at SFoG is one of my favs!! So is Georgia Cyclone, and the Hurler at Carowinds, and Hurricane at the pavilion!! Maybe I'm just not a wimp like you guys!!

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years (Since the Corkscrew was in place), but I gotta disagree about the Hurler, that thing "HURTS".

It wasn't as bad back in the mid 90's when it was built, but i've been to PC for the past few seasons, and everytime i've ridden it, i've had a headache for at least an hour.

I don't think i'm going back to Carowinds for a while. They need a new coaster, preferably a hyper. Maybe Arrow can cook them up a Magnum type coaster for under $10 million.

Ninja at SFoG is one of my favs!! So is Georgia Cyclone, and the Hurler at Carowinds, and Hurricane at the pavilion!! Maybe I'm just not a wimp like you guys!!

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years (Since the Corkscrew was in place), but I gotta disagree about the Hurler, that thing "HURTS".

It wasn't as bad back in the mid 90's when it was built, but i've been to PC for the past few seasons, and everytime i've ridden it, i've had a headache for at least an hour.

I don't think i'm going back to Carowinds for a while. They need a new coaster, preferably a hyper. Maybe Arrow can cook them up a Magnum type coaster for under $10 million.

Yes, it is rough, but I tend to think rides aren't as rough as they are made out to be. Carowinds is the type of park to me that gets old fairly quickly, its like a cheesy, cheap environment, unlike SFoG which you can stay in all day, due to the nice, wilderness environment or like Dollywood, where it's atmosphere just makes it nice to be there. So I too don't think I will be back next year...

Rough and Pointless: Colossus - SFMM

Front facing was bad enough, but then I had to ride it backwards...

Rough and Fun: Texas Cyclone - SFAstroworld

In first couple years of operation it would BTH outta you (especially in the front seat)... and you'd love it. Then they went and tamed it...

So Unrideably Rough that They Tore It Down: The Bat - PKI

Was broke down more than it was up, but I got to ride it one night. I was told they had doubled the number of shock absorbers per car, yet it still bottomed out at least four times during the ride... and everytime it did it hurt.

1) Son of Beast - PKI - By the end of the ride my legs are numb

2) Beast - PKI - The shuffling kept slamming me into the rock hard seats

3) Vortex - PKI - Whoever designed that flat turn over the station should have been fired.

I'm not all that big on PKIs coasters. I think Italian Job is the only one that isn't painful(minus the kiddy coasters).

Corkscrew at Silverwood. It was the first looper at Knott's, the years and the move have not been kind. Apparently they are replacing the head restraints a few rows at a time, but those old restraints make you feel that you just rode with a very angry Moe, hell, ALL Three Stooges.

Viper at SFGADV beat me up BADLY! I was probably a 2-3 more hits away from concussion, then again it probably was cause my head was equal with the restraint and not above as it would of been now! I have also heard Chiller was another Boxing match with OSTR!

Python at BGT also hit me with a nice beat down.

• 5 months later...