TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For wood coasters, I'm going to say the defunct Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I thought it was worse than Mean Streak and some other woodies I've been on that are known to be rough. For steel, I'm going to go with Shockwave at Kings Dominion, as that thing just hurt.

I've never had a horrible roller coaster ride but i have to so Psyclone was the bumpiest woodie I've ever ridden with Ghost Rider at Knott's a close second. Flashback at SFMM was the bumpiest steel coaster i've ever ridden

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if I have responded to this or not but Space 2000 Atomic Coaster at Gyeongju World is the most violent coaster I have ever ridden. Of the 715 coasters I have experienced this one easily takes the prize for the roughest coaster. It is so bad I am known to call it Space 2000 The B---- Slap Coaster.

I can honestly say, having been on over 500 coasters, that the Coney Island Cyclone (In the back seat) takes the cake as the single roughest and scariest coaster experience of my life. After the first drop I just wanted to cry and wasn't sure if I would survive!!!

Anyone rode Magnus Collossos Hellmachine? Or the fantastic superduper amazing Cobra Killing Machine (People have died on that ride... not especially because of the roughness though) in Tivoli Aarhus.

They both suck and qualify for 'roughest ride I have been on'

I can honestly say, having been on over 500 coasters, that the Coney Island Cyclone (In the back seat) takes the cake as the single roughest and scariest coaster experience of my life. After the first drop I just wanted to cry and wasn't sure if I would survive!!!

You described it perfectly! Rode it for the first time last week and decided to see what the back seat was really all about. "Rough" doesn't even begin to describe it. I don't even know if there's a word that fully gets it across. It's nearly a week later and my chin still hurts from where I inadvertently punched it slamming down that first drop!

As for steel, I'd go with Iron Wolf. Not that it matters, of course All I remember thinking during the ride was “Is this still going on?" as my skull was smashed into oblivion. Every turn chucked my head into the restraint and by the final brakes, my face was a scrunched ball. I think I lost some enamel from gritting my teeth so hard!

Still Ghostrider. It still has some fun airtime, but the park is not only letting a WORLD CLASS coaster get incredibly rough, but they are actually making the overall experience so much worse. The f###ing block break(which has been universally hated) doesn't do much... and I'd rather have ejector air and essentially the same amount of roughness than no air what so ever. Also @ WCB they said it wouldn't be retracked... but I still think it may happen because grizzly was retracked and that is another rough woodie in the chain. As of now Six Flags is using topper track very well... and if this ride is smooth again it is an automatic jump to my #1 because the "original" Ghostrider is my favorite coaster of ALL TIME! It is now not even a shadow of what it was!

Does anybody remember the Villain at Geauga Lake? That thing was absolutely BRUTAL. I also remember the Geauga Double Loop being horribly rough, even among other Arrows...

I'm gonna throw a curve ball here and also say Kingda Ka. Maybe it was just running bad, but it was incredibly shaky and I hated every second of it (besides the amazing view from the top- but that doesn't help the roughness)

I'm gonna throw a curve ball here and also say Kingda Ka. Maybe it was just running bad, but it was incredibly shaky and I hated every second of it (besides the amazing view from the top- but that doesn't help the roughness)

I actually agree. I rode TTD at Cedar Point, and that was pretty brutal as well. I think the speed has a drastic effect on the way the train navigates the course; from what I noted, it was only rough when it went fast. Going up the top hat and going down is painful, but going over the top hat felt pretty smooth.