TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chance (Morgan) HyperLite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Chance recently end it's partnership with Vekoma? The coaster at Funtime was the last hurrah. Makes sense if they going back to their own designs.

I believe they are just the U.S. fabrication contractor for Vekoma.

I'm wondering if a park already bought one? Seems odd to randomly put it out there now.

This seems like it will be a very uncomfortable coaster if it is ever built. The banking and peaks seem wrong to me and don't seem like they would be very enjoyable. The whole coaster has a very poor flow to it as well. I feel like they should modify the layout in certain ways and take a few ideas from Intamin's HyperLites which have really nice and consistent flow to them. It just seems really jerky to me and the banks in and out of turn are off but this is just my opinion.

I'm wondering if a park already bought one? Seems odd to randomly put it out there now.

I'm wondering that too. It would of been perfect if they would of revealed it at IAAPA, but this timing is rather weird as it's a little late for parks to add to their improvements for this year, especially a new coaster. Must be for next year then?

Who made the trians on phatom's revenge?

Those are actually the original Arrow train chassis modified to have the OTSR removed. I believe Morgan added their lap bar system to it, but don't quote me on that.

^The Phantom's Revenge car bodies were made by Morgan to fit onto the old Arrow chassis. A few years back, I believe new chassis(-es?) were made that were identical to the old ones.

^^The site does mention customizable layouts, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The ride looks pretty lame, and I can't see why any park would want to buy one of these.

The Megalite's are small and doesn't do any exciting "loops or launches" but damn those rides have speed, kick ass airtime & some awesome fast directions changes.

This just looks like it doesn't do anything "exiting" without the speed, airtime & quick directions changes

I'm rather fond of the Morgan Hypers, lumbering beasts that they are, but I agree that they don't hold a candle to the Intamin Mega-Lites. But a "mini-Morgan"? Why not? I think a small park looking for a relatively "big" ride might go for one of these, especially if the price is right.

Edited by cfc

The ride looks pretty lame, and I can't see why any park would want to buy one of these.

The Megalite's are small and doesn't do any exciting "loops or launches" but damn those rides have speed, kick A$$ airtime & some awesome fast directions changes.

This just looks like it doesn't do anything "exiting" without the speed, airtime & quick directions changes

Yeah...no park in the world could ever want a cheap "intermediate" coaster.

Note: by intermediate I mean something that packs a big visual/marketing punch, without being too intense to the point it scares people away. Like most GCI coasters!

Edited by Jew

Yeah...no park in the world could ever want a cheap "intermediate" coaster.

But this would not be cheap.

If you want an intermediate coaster you don't want to be dropping close to 10 millions for it, then you will probably expect the ride to do some more than this, witch is why I can't see any of these sold, but I will gladly be proven wrong.

^^What other rides are there in that category that offer more bang for the buck? The Mack one? A Vekoma Mine train? There's not many 100ft tall non-inverting/not too intense rides out there.

I just looked at their youtube channel and saw that they had two videos of two "Mega-Lites". I guess they never sold any of them, but the animations seem pretty poorly made.

You could just watch this good animation:

A ride along these lines would be great for a park like Gilroy Gardens. It would be seen by their target audience as a HUGE ride compared to the rest of their offerings, and still deliver a tame enough ride experience to not scare said audience away from it.

Edited by Mechanic

There's not many 100ft tall non-inverting/not too intense rides out there.

But that is the thing, park's in general are not that interested in this specific category of coasters.

Big park's need bigger capacity, and more likely go for a bigger coaster.

Small park's that are prepared to drop 10 millions on a new, bigger type of steel coaster do not want a ride like this one, as they already have non inverting ride's that are fun and not very thrilling. They are far more likely go go with something more thrilling like Anubis for an example, in order to try and attract a bigger audience.

Sure there are a few examples like Djurs Sommerland and now Nigloland that want this type of ride, but when choosing between the Mack or Intamin creations, or this new Chance version (that looks like it was designed back in the 90's) there probably won't be much interest in Chance one.

Small park's that are prepared to drop 10 millions on a new, bigger type of steel coaster do not want a ride like this one, as they already have non inverting ride's that are fun and not very thrilling. They are far more likely go go with something more thrilling like Anubis for an example, in order to try and attract a bigger audience.

Sure there are a few examples like Djurs Sommerland and now Nigloland that want this type of ride, but when choosing between the Mack or Intamin creations, or this new Chance version (that looks like it was designed back in the 90's) there probably won't be much interest in Chance one.

So, parks don't wnat this type of ride, yet they do want this type of ride?

I think you're generalizing a bit too much is saying that "small parks don't want this," but you time will tell. I'm curious to see if Chance can sell a few of these rides.

Don't get me wrong, there is a market for the mini hyper coasters, I just don't think it's that big.

For the park's that want's a mini hyper, I think there is a no brainier for them to go with the more "modern" designs, since making such an investment is a huge deal for smaller park's.

I don't really see any comparison between these and Intamin's mega-lites. To me, mega-lites are more compressed and Chance's hyper-lite just looks like a scaled down version of their hyper coasters. It's longer and makes more gentle turns. I've never ridden a mega-lite so I can't base off of ride experience, just visual appearane.

^Mega-Lites are pretty insense with lots of ejector air. My guess is that Chance's Hyperlite will be gentler (much as their big Hypercoasters are). So, the latter would actually be more of a "family" ride.