TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Troy's Coaster Project: The Bat

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not your coaster. You may have placed the scenery around the ride, but you didn't build/make/create the coaster or track it self. The coaster is a CT (Custom Track) taken from No Limits by Heverton*. You've been caught, uh oh.

EDIT: This one wasn't made by Coaster-Inc, it was made by Heverton. Excuse my error, I have fixed it.

Edited by iOS

You don't understand, do you?

What he means is that someone built the coaster in No-Limits then exported it for RCT. People do it all the time now for realistic coasters such as the CTR you are using. So yeah, you are using a track from No-Limits which you didn't make. Like the poster above you said, you may have placed the scenery around the ride, but you didn't make the CTR.

^ It doesnt matter whether you have No Limits or not. And it is very possible to put No Limits coasters into your game. It's a bit of a tedious process, but there is a way.

It isn't that tedious. You just export the track file to a .3ds file using the NoLimits Construction Kit and then simply export the .3ds file to the RCT3 format. I did this same process to get my NoLimits coasters into AutoCad so I could work on them that way. But yeah the coaster actually comes with NoLimits. Someone took that and turned it into a RCT3 scenery model and then uploaded. The only thing you did was make it look pretty. It's fine to use these as long as you don't take credit for someone else's work.

If you download the track from another website and claim it as your own, you're technically stealing the track and not giving credit. That kind of stuff is frowned upon in a lot of places and can get you into big trouble.

If someone catches you snagging people's tracks and putting them up for download on other websites, you could have your tracks removed and/or get banned from said site.

^ The Bat is just a Vekoma Boomerang. There are tons of other ones.This one just has different colors. So, of course nobody is going to make a CTR of The Bat. The person would just make a recolorable Boomerang coaster.

and I dont have 3DS either

Did this make anyone else chuckle?

I didn't see anyone else make The Bat CTR

Well, as the post above me said, the Bat is just a standard Boomerang. The CTR isn't just of that one instance of the ride.

How dense are you?

Every time I read something by boughontroy, I feel like I loose IQ points... Honestly.

That's evident.

What we're all trying to say is the least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Passing this ride off as 100% your own is 100% dishonest. Tell people what scenery you used, or you're not being fair to the people that spent all that time creating the objects for you to use.

I'm confused at what you guys are arguing about here... Does this mean I am copying and should be ripped to shreds every time I put a CFR in my park because i didn't make it? How about CTRs or even CS? If he wants to use a CT to make a recreation, then let him. Whether or not I am a fan of NL CTs is another story because i absolutly hate those. They are destroying tons of parks out there. But the fact that this member is being accused of stealing because he used a downloadable CT makes no sense.