TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Ride Name

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with the Dog Fart Coaster. What is it themed to? A dog farting. What could be more appropriate?

As for naming rides "Roller coaster", I know some of the older coasters have that name because back in the day many rides were named that, but the renaming of Manhattan Express to that seems backwards and unoriginal. Manhattan Express stood out (though not in a positive way among enthusiasts)

Other bad names:

7Up Shockwave at Drayton Manor (at least they renamed it to just Shockwave)

Boomerang (the one at Wild Adventures is a slight exception as it is in an Outback themed area)

Corkscrew

I dislike the name Scream!

I mean, it's not an object, it's not a historical figure, it's not some terrifying beast or creature, it's not a description of something huge or powerful.

It's named after a verb telling you to do something.

Any less creative would be a floorless coaster named Sit!

"Anything: The Ride"

This says to the public....hey! we want to use someone else's creativity and ideas and just slap "The Ride" on the end of it and voila, a ride name!

It's such a lazy way of naming something IMO.

Also, any ride or coaster with a corporate sponsor name in the name of the ride.

The Pepsi Plunge?

Anything that is sponsored by anything or named after some film or TV whatsitsname, Batman for instance - and who will buy soap because of a theme park ride???

Bling
as for Bling you must not have noticed the 'themeing' hanging from the moving platform. All that chain that hides well over 10% of the concrete under the ride platform and I'm sure is sparkled for a few weeks after they installed it at least

And for the record the Dog Fart Coaster is one of the greatest names i have ever heard.

Any ride named after a movie or t.v. show or Corporate sponser.

I don't want to ride Sony Splashdown, "The Wedding Crashers" bumper cars or experience "Frasier: The Ride".

How about:

'Jerry Springer: The Ride'

I think I'd be up for a Jerry Springer Ride.

Any ride named after a movie or t.v. show or Corporate sponser.

I don't want to ride Sony Splashdown, "The Wedding Crashers" bumper cars or experience "Frasier: The Ride".

How about:

'Jerry Springer: The Ride'

I think I'd be up for a Jerry Springer Ride.

You may have to dodge a few chairs that pass close by overhead...