TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Ride Name

^ Hate to break it to you there is a connection. He opened the ride and visited Phantasialand a couple of times.

Anyway it is just called Colorado Adventure now. The 'Michael Jackson' part of the name was dropped a few years back.

Wasn't there a wooden coaster in the U.S that for a short while was named "Michael Jackson's Thriller" in the early 80s when Thriller was released?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote for the worst ride name ever would have to go to "Ride of Steel" at Darien Lake!

Wellllllllll if Darien Lake still had the rights to superman, the anme would make sense. Now though, it's painfully bad.

I like it much better now that Superman isn't part of the name.

Expedition Everest- The ride doesn't even take place in mount Everest! Yeah you are supposed to be traveling there, but I feel like a better name would be "Journey through the Forbidden Mountain" or something like that.

I agree 100%. I mean when you think about it... Space Mountain doesn't even make sense either... I mean it's doesn't even take place in space. It would have been better named "Journey Through the Forbidden Metal Man-made Structure."

--------------------

Call me crazy, but I HATE... Absolutely HATE the name "Kingda Ka." (That's not me being facetious, I really do hate that name. I've hated it since the day they announced it.)

Expedition Everest- The ride doesn't even take place in mount Everest! Yeah you are supposed to be traveling there, but I feel like a better name would be "Journey through the Forbidden Mountain" or something like that.

I agree 100%. I mean when you think about it... Space Mountain doesn't even make sense either... I mean it's doesn't even take place in space. It would have been better named "Journey Through the Forbidden Metal Man-made Structure."

--------------------

Call me crazy, but I HATE... Absolutely HATE the name "Kingda Ka." (That's not me being facetious, I really do hate that name. I've hated it since the day they announced it.)

Space Mountain is themed to a space journey, even though everyone knows what it is.

Space Mountain is themed to a space journey, even though everyone knows what it is.

Barely...

After the station and queue there's no space theming really inside the actual building.

Even the zierer force coaster at my home park (Linnunrata at Linnanmäki) Has space theming everywhere you look.

I love the name Kingda Ka personally, but I can definitely tell the mindset when it came to naming the coaster was "let's throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Kingda Ka? I don't hate it, let's name it that!"

^ Hate to break it to you there is a connection. He opened the ride and visited Phantasialand a couple of times.

Anyway it is just called Colorado Adventure now. The 'Michael Jackson' part of the name was dropped a few years back.

Wasn't there a wooden coaster in the U.S that for a short while was named "Michael Jackson's Thriller" in the early 80s when Thriller was released?

Yes there was-it was the wooden coaster at Circus World before it became Boardwalk And Baseball;the management at the time thought it was a good idea .

I cringe whenever I see a ride name billed as "4D." (Example: Shrek 4D at Universal, The Joker 4D Fly Coaster, 4th Dimension coasters, etc.) These rides move you in 3 dimensions (height, width, length), but what about dimension #4 (time). I get that it's a marketing term, but I work in marketing and I still think it's dumb.

I cringe whenever I see a ride name billed as "4D." (Example: Shrek 4D at Universal, The Joker 4D Fly Coaster, 4th Dimension coasters, etc.) These rides move you in 3 dimensions (height, width, length), but what about dimension #4 (time). I get that it's a marketing term, but I work in marketing and I still think it's dumb.

Quote. For. Truth.

This has ALWAYS annoyed me.

^ What about Hurricane Harbor, Adventureland's Tornado, Disney's Blizzard Beach, Morey's Great Nor'easter, or any of the dozens of rides called Cyclone? Look, people die from weather all the time. It sucks, but welcome to Earth. There's nothing wrong with naming an amusement ride after these things. In fact, there may be a deep psychological reason why we want to name rides after things that threaten us.

I am with you, can not stand the 4D term in connection with coasters.