TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Ride Name

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. (Haters 'gonna hate.)

It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but really, who says the full name? Most people just call it "Thunder Mountain"... That's even more syllables than Hollywood rip Ride Rockit!

It's a mouthful. So what, it really looks like a train, but still!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere about it that it's something profane like "Hamster Coaster".

How is "Hamster Coaster profane? Did you mean profound in a sarcastic way?

I probably do...

I'm not a native speaker, so I maybe mix something up sometimes. What I ment is: If it really just says 'Hamster Coaster', the name LOOKS impressive (just because of the ammount of words) but means something... simple.

P.S.: Yep, I just got it (thanks to dict.cc): it's not 'profane' what I tried to say. Never try to just translate by instinct...

I read somewhere about it that it's something profane like "Hamster Coaster".

How is "Hamster Coaster profane? Did you mean profound in a sarcastic way?

I probably do...

I'm not a native speaker, so I maybe mix something up sometimes. What I ment is: If it really just says 'Hamster Coaster', the name LOOKS impressive (just because of the ammount of words) but means something... simple.

P.S.: Yep, I just got it (thanks to dict.cc): it's not 'profane' what I tried to say. Never try to just translate by instinct...

I totally understand, since English isn't your first language. I hadn't noticed before that you were from Germany. For what it's worth, your English is still about 1000 times than my German.

Viper and Goliath at Six Flags parks. The names mean nothing. Heck, Goliath at Fiesta Texas isn't even big.

I actually think the two are creative but overused. Viper gives the image of a frightening snake (train) about to strike, and Goliath...well, it means big. SFMM's Goliath seemed pretty big to me.

I have always thought that Great Bear at HP was a really pedestrian name for a B&M invert (even though it is one of the mildest B&M inverts out there). "Great Bear" sounds either like a flat ride or a kiddie coaster IMO.

Also agree with the comic book/super hero names - they just get old really quickly + there is also the confusion - "Super Man and Bat Man" - but which coasters are they referring to?

For me the snake names tend to get over used as well; as far as I know there's only one Anaconda but plenty of Vipers and Pythons out there or variants of those names.

Then of course there are the other clone names - Goliath, Deja Vu (gone but not forgotten), etc, that along with the super hero stuff takes away the individuality that a coaster should have.

Viper and Goliath at Six Flags parks. The names mean nothing. Heck, Goliath at Fiesta Texas isn't even big.

I actually think the two are creative but overused. Viper gives the image of a frightening snake (train) about to strike, and Goliath...well, it means big. SFMM's Goliath seemed pretty big to me.

I think that Goliath was a good name for SFOG's and SFMM's, but that's it. I don't think Goliath was a good fit for SFNE's. It just doesn't seem right. Yes, it's big, but when I think of Goliath, I'm thinking Green/Orange. Not: Outrageous Green and Hyper Blue, like the media day t-shirts said.

I think it's really pathetic how NY-NY changed the name of their roller coaster from Manhattan Express to Roller Coaster. I really don't know what was wrong with the Manhattan Express name and it is a million times better than Roller Coaster.