TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Ghetto Park You Have Visited

What is the most ghetto park you have visited? Was it that famous park with gum on every stall door lock, so you can't lock the door? Or was it that park with green water in the pond? Those weren't meant to be real parks, but what's your opinion?

Edited by ViperLover

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South of the Border in Dillon, South Carolina

From their website:

PEDRO WELCOMES YOU!

Greetings, traveler! Welcome to the online home of America’s favorite highway oasis & gateway to the southeast ~ South of the Border is proud to be a part of the rich history of hospitality that’s made the South famous, and keeps visitors coming back each year.

South of the Border has been a landmark of the southeast for over 50 years, and we see no end in sight! Our trademark has always been a value-oriented service ~ we provide a clean, safe & fun environment for travelers of all types to visit on their way to or from the southeast. Our attitude is our philosophy - take it easy on the road of life!

Planning a trip with the family? You’ll find all the info you need to navigate the gang safely to your destination ~ just make sure to stop in & see Pedro for some fun & refreshments first!

It's super ghetto with nasty bathrooms and expensive, greasy food!

www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

Tahoe Amusement Park in South Lake Tahoe. My last visit was back in 2010, it had gone down hill since I had last visited in 2003.

2118641783_Tahoe1.jpg.dee13c3b27ec3b51a5b609f758aa18fa.jpg

Tilt-A-Whirls can fly apparently

726656383_Tahoe2.jpg.3c93c080d2b77a34017e28753a314b12.jpg

Ummm... Tire?

502099354_tahoe4.jpg.8e7c2294610fef737ed0a27baaf1eadf.jpg

Paratrooper...

213362046_tahoe5.jpg.66e709f1f8b6ba69ee5ed94c81e491a2.jpg

They were sold out of Tab Cola

329627301_tahoe3.jpg.245b6dd473820faa19d86b219dc78697.jpg

Who says only Europe has self operated rides?

749584915_tahoe6.jpg.d9ed2e95afcd58cbbdb381e7b0f3b649.jpg

What's left of the coaster

305472752_tahoe7.jpg.8b943c2f85f03cf05d0ed81c67f60afa.jpg

This was their new ride in the parking lot

39717180_tahoe8.jpg.d218e43a3db17ea40df7f3348f5eebb3.jpg

and yes, this was open for riders.

I drove past that place on my way to Orlando in 2011. I almost stopped there to ride the Wild Mouse coaster but I thought that it looked kind of shady. One trip to the RCDB later and I find that the mouse has been standing but not operating since 2003. Good thing I didn't stop!

From their website:

PEDRO WELCOMES YOU!

(*SNIP*)

It's super ghetto with nasty bathrooms and expensive, greasy food!

www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

oh awesome - pedroland park for children - just be careful when you type that! and it looks like the pedroland croc may be a "pedro phile"....

my choice - for the game stalls everywhere, SFA

and on the subject of bathrooms - gotta mention knoebels!

I'd probably say the defunct Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom is the most ghetto park I've been to. It had the permanent carnival feel, half the rides weren't running, and most of the ones that were seemed like they were barely in operating condition. The arcade was also full of old, broken games and the whole place was dirty. Surprisingly, the waterpark was somewhat nice (and I believe that part is still open).

For currently operating parks, Conneaut Lake Park is the most ghetto I've visited. SBNO rides, damaged buildings, and a whole park that seemed to be on its last legs. Granted, I was only there during exclusive park time on the LeviaTHON trip, and although I had a good time it did seem like the park would not be nearly as enjoyable if I was visiting on my own. I still think this is probably my favorite of the parks that I'd consider "ghetto", but I really doubt it will be around much longer.

For chain parks, La Ronde. Parts of the park were nice, but when you've got empty buildings with plywood covering the doors and windows as well as a damaged pathway overgrown with weeds to get to an attraction, it's hard to not consider the place somewhat ghetto.

SFA at the time I visited, burned down buildings, coasters that barely worked, all round aura of unpleasantness.

Sommerland Syd, it was a field in the middle of nowhere with some rides plonked there.

Castle Park (Cali), deserves a mention for some of the most ghetto Halloween mazes ever.

Tahoe Amusement Park in South Lake Tahoe. My last visit was back in 2010, it had gone down hill since I had last visited in 2003.

Was the park really like that on a normal day? If it was, how did those rides pass inspection?

That is a great question. I have no clue how they passed. Those photos were taken near the end of June 2010. So yeah, normal summer day where you'd expect them to be busy.