TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Has it been confirmed that X Coaster will either be removed or not operate for the 2014 season? I'm confused by what I'm reading on another site.
Magic Springs just confirmed via Twitter that X-Coaster will be up and running for the 2014 season.

On a seperate note the park is also getting a Skycoaster for 2014!

Take flight this Summer at Magic Springs as you experience the thrill of skydiving, hang-gliding and bungee jumping all rolled into one! We call it, SKY SHARK. First you’ll be hoisted to the top of a 115-foot steel arch before plummeting in a free fall back to earth at speeds up to 50mph.

Bundle into the harness with a friend or two and wave bye-bye. You’ll stare straight down as you are hoisted up by a slim cable, until you’re so high you’ll hang in total silence 10 stories in the air with a birds-eye view of the entire park. There’s no turning back—the only way to get down is pull the cord.

You're then instantly released in a state of total free fall. Just when you think you're going to hit the ground, a steel cable catches your fall swinging you forward. You'll then soar into the atmosphere across Magic Springs Lake creating a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Additional fee required.

Source: http://magicsprings.com/rides-thrill-skyshark.php

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Thread Revival?

Going to the park on Friday (After 4pm Late Gate), Anyone have any tips?

Stay hydrated

Sat is the big day at that park with the musical act at the amp. They get a fairly impressive and election list of performers (for a theme park) every year.

Has anyone heard any more about X-Coaster and if it'll be closed/removed after this season?

It's still there and I doubt it's going anywhere unless it's completely scrapped.

This is a park that could really benefit from a compact Eurofighter like Iron Shark or a Mauer or Mack spinner. Maybe even a smaller launch coaster. It needs something on the dry side, it's been awhile.

I rode Arkansas Twister a number of times back when it was Florida Hurricane at Boardwalk & Baseball! Believe it or not, for many years, it was probably my favorite/best wooden coaster I had ridden!

This brings up an interesting (and controversial) question for you all... If I ever get down to ride Arkansas Twister, I don't plan on counting it as a new coaster. What is the prevailing thought regarding riding relocated coasters, and coaster counts? (I know, I'm such a troublemaker! )

ytterbiumanalyst 's recent report (http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70695) says that X-coaster is still in operation, but Arkansas Twister is getting a much needed retracking.

I'm glad the park is still operating and has kept it's coasters. I heard a bunch of rumors a few years ago that they were about to close down the dry side and expand the water park. I still haven't made it down there, but it's on the list for next year.

MS really needs a new Coaster to draw in some more crowds. Its been a really long time, and they have lost a coaster a couple of years ago. Twist 'N Shout was my first (and only so far) wild mouse. It actually scared me going around those sharp curves lol! I think a Eurofighter similar to what Adventureland is getting in 2016 would be a perfect addition to MS to put it back on the map and peoples travel plans. Also, I wonder if there would be any chance an RMC conversion to AT would happen? Highly doubtful I'm sure. But a nice thought.

MS really needs a new Coaster to draw in some more crowds. Its been a really long time, and they have lost a coaster a couple of years ago. Twist 'N Shout was my first (and only so far) wild mouse. It actually scared me going around those sharp curves lol! I think a Eurofighter similar to what Adventureland is getting in 2016 would be a perfect addition to MS to put it back on the map and peoples travel plans. Also, I wonder if there would be any chance an RMC conversion to AT would happen? Highly doubtful I'm sure. But a nice thought.

I agree 100%. MS REALLY needs a new coaster. It doesn't have to be anything record breaking, but they need something. A Euro Fighter would be a great fit for the park, but even then, I don't think that would be enough to draw people to the park. Arkansas doesn't even come up on a list of places I must visit, and I am not sure that even the addition of a new coaster would change that. I don't think the park makes enough any more for them to think about dropping several millions of dollars on a new coaster. I think they make enough to cover their operating cost, and that's about it. The very few times I have been there I did notice that almost everyone who was visiting the park were season pass holders. I know nothing about running a theme park from the financial aspect... These are just random assumptions.

Sorry for the double post, but I found what I think would be an awesome new coaster for Magic Springs. I saw this in a previous thread, and thought it seemed like the perfect fit for MS. It has a fun, thrilling layout. It has a small footprint. Compared to other coasters I am sure it is not nearly as expensive. I would love to see MS get one of these coasters. Thoughts??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EmaM0cUAFY

It's kinda funny this thread and the trip report thread are active at the same time. Magic Springs has room to grow,so it even get something bigger. I go to Hot Springs for the Arkansas Derby, likely one of the two best non triple crown throughbred races in the country. Notice the this year's triple crown winner won the Arkansas Derby. Arkansas is an outdoor enthusiasts wonderland but it ain't Orlando though the summers can hold their own with Orlando. Those unfamiliar wouldn't know that you can actually find your own diamonds in Arkansas at a state park not too far from Hot Springs.

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/digging-for-diamonds/recent.aspx

Anywho, I think of Magic Springs as a park that has the potential of the parks I read about on here like Toverland and Plopsa.

Anywho, It could use an integrated kiddie area with a cluster of rides all with similar tone. That farm themed kiddie area in Europe that was posted about recently here. It could use a couple of flats as well. The lack of a rapids ride and a dark ride stand out. But...again, it screams for a new coaster. A Blue Fire clone would be awesome but any kind of launch coaster. It's up to ownership to promote the park, outside of the central Arkansas area, Memphis is a prime example, it's without water or theme parks. It's living off of what Ed Hart added when he had the park. They took out the wild mouse and put in a upcharge sky coaster. That sucked. Give it a glance on Google Earth and you see the obvious expansion areas. There's plenty of rich area history to actually give rides a background theme.

LIke I said in the other thread, it's got a solid but overlooked waterpark, I would love see someone like Dan Koch get their hands on this park.

ytterbiumanalyst 's recent report (http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70695) says that X-coaster is still in operation, but Arkansas Twister is getting a much needed retracking.

Does anyone know if Arkansas Twister has reopened yet? Or is it down for the season? I was planning on visiting the park this Sunday, but I might reschedule.

Just called them and they said it reopened.

Quick Opinion of Magic Springs

Very Meh. Picture Michigan's Adventures without Shivering Timbers. An OKish waterpark from what I saw but nothing in the park really stands out. X Coaster was OK but forgettable. Gauntlet is an "Improvement" over a regular SLC but not much, and the park makes Dollywood feel like it's on flat terrain by comparison. Also WEAK souvenir selection (Not one magnet with Magic Springs on it). Will not go back unless they get something RMC.

Also, the employees aren't the smartest. I'll leave it at that. PM me if you want to know why.

• 4 weeks later...