• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at that POV of Mystery Mine, even if you know the ride... Second lift:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This totally made my day. Haven't laughed so hard in times.

My worst hill view is a general one. It goes for every ride that gives a view on the Parking lot man that's something I don't want to see till the end of the day.

Well, what exactly constitutes a bad view? I keep seeing Scream! at SFMM pop up, but if that one's bad, so is Colossus and Goliath. And I mean, the parking lot is really the view down the first drop, not from the lift hill. I would say the beautiful California foothills are the real star on any lift hill at SFMM, including Scream!.

As far as 'bad' views on lift hills in Southern California:

-Gold Rusher's first lift is going toward an imposing and ugly midway.

-The Matterhorn's lift is pitch black minus some minor themeing halfway up. A view of nothing sounds like a 'bad' view to me.

And I mean, those two are a stretch. I wouldn't call any lift hill view out here bad...it's mainly sky, the rest of the ride, and distant mountains or city.

Not trying to be a SFMM fanboy or anything, but I feel like Scream! is taking a little bit of a gratuitous hit here for no reason.

Look at that POV of Mystery Mine, even if you know the ride... Second lift:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I may be missing some sarcasm here not sure, but the second lift and thereafter short part of the ride is the ONLY good part of MM. I'm not sure how this is a bad view.

I may be missing some sarcasm here not sure, but the second lift and thereafter short part of the ride is the ONLY good part of MM. I'm not sure how this is a bad view.

Here's a handy hint - watch that video and pause it at 1:48.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After reading and seeing the pictures form the Best Lift Hill Views I am curious what are some of the worst??

My vote has to be Wild Thing looking to the right while heading up the lift hill.

Pictures would be great and sorry if this type of thread was started elsewhere.

Yeah, looking out to the right on Wild Thing's lift hill all you see is an industrial zoned area across the highway.

I was thinking that Dragon's Challenge seemed to have a pretty ghetto looking lift hill view. Come to think of it, the landscaping under the coaster wasn't very good either. Must be even worse now that you don't have the dueling element!